Senior Associate Manager, Program
Based in Washington, DC
Up to 10% international travel
Work From Almost Anywhere Status = Hybrid
Reports to Senior Program Manager, Malaria
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 4,500 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 35 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI seeks a Senior Associate Manager, Program that will support PSI’s operational excellence and execution of quality and standards by providing wide-ranging operational and project management support to an assigned portfolio of projects within the global Malaria Department. The APM will have a main focus on ACTwatch Lite, a Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funded research project that will collect market data on antimalarial and diagnostic commodities in the selected countries. ACTwatch Lite will be implemented in three countries (Benin, Cameroon, and Nigeria) over the next two years, led by PSI’s Malaria Department, country teams and national partners. The project is expected to begin in August this year. The start date for this position is contingent on contract signature. The Sr APM will work with network members/country project teams, headquarters technical and service departments, and subcontractors to ensure program/project objectives are met and are in compliance with donor requirements. Ensure the programmatic and financial health and technical quality of portfolio of global project(s) or components of a project portfolio of moderate to high complexity. May support training and technical assistance for staff and internal audiences. May also support project or departmental leadership with donor relation and contribute to the development of technical documents and presentations for internal and external audiences.
· Monitor and ensure smooth operational and programmatic implementation and technical quality of a portfolio of global project(s), including monitoring of workplans and deliverables, and subaward management in coordination with immediate team members, network member or global project team members, and global technical and service departments. 35% of the Time
· Provide financial management support to department and network member/country project teams, including tracking of project, country, and team budgets, project spend, and review of financial reports. 25% of the Time
· Provide support for knowledge management activities, including the design of tools and systems for knowledge management and information tracking, creation and maintenance of internal filing systems, administration of online communications site(s), development of communications materials, and presentations for internal audiences. 15% of the Time
· Assist with business development opportunities and project extensions, including strategy and technical proposal development. 15% of the Time
· Support onboarding/training of staff on PSI processes and systems. 10% of the Time
Time percentages listed above are not exact. They are estimates and may change. This is also not an exhaustive list of all tasks that an incumbent is expected to perform but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included above. PSI reserves the right to revise job profiles at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities.
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field
· Master’s Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field preferred
· At least 5 years of relevant experience. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted.
· Knowledge of international development, international donor priorities and/or health areas preferred (such as DFID, USAID, CDC, KFW, corporate and foundation donors).
· Excellent written, verbal, and cross-cultural communications skills. Relevant language skills per country and program portfolio.
· Proficiency in French required.
· Skills in Excel, budget management and monitoring, and strong financial acumen.
· Excellent organizational skills with special attention to detail and timeliness.
· Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
· Ability to manage own time to prioritize diverse workstreams efficiently and effectively.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
A keen sense of urgency and strong work ethic, positive mindset, and comfort with the ambiguity and pace of a dynamic and bureaucratic environment.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
**Measurement:**You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them. Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect. **Honesty:**You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve. **Collaboration:**You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed. **Trust:**You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt. **Commitment:**You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
References will be required. The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check. For domestic positions: Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
PSI has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate to provide a hazard free employment and work environment in our commitment to our employees. Candidates offered a position will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date and their employment will be contingent on this. Candidates needing a medical or religious accommodation should let their recruiter know.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.
How to apply