20.2 C
Thursday, July 18, 2024

Non logement au Cameroun: Do You Qualify for Housing allowance? How to apply for it

Must read

You may think that applying for your housing allowance or “indemnité de non-logement” is hard or cumbersome. This is not necessarily the case if you know how to go about the whole process. This is a comprehensive guide on what is a housing allowance and how to apply for one. We also give you reasons why applications are rejected at the Ministry of Finance.

Version Française

What is a housing allowance “indemnité de non logement”?

A housing allowance is an allowance granted to a civil servant or a state agent who is not living in a government-provided accommodation.

The amount accorded varies according to the base salary of the beneficiary. All civil servants and state agents or contract workers, except magistrates, are paid 20% of their base salary as housing allowance.

Magistrates are paid differently not according to their base salary but according to their grade.

Who qualifies for housing allowance?

All civil servants qualify for housing allowance. All contract workers from categories 7 to 12 qualify for the grant of this allowance.

Some state agents or contract workers, those from the first category to the sixth category, are normally not granted housing allowance. They, however, could exceptionally be entitled to the allowance if they are recruited and sent to work in a place other than the place where they were recruited. In this case, the amount is fixed to a flat rate of 2000 Fcfa.

What documents are you to submit to apply for a housing allowance?

  • A stamped (fiscal stamp) application to the minister of finance. Make sure that your subject is short and explicit.
  • A certified copy of your recruitment document. This act is either your employment contract or integration decision (as the case may apply).
  • Original or photocopy of attestation of non-accommodation. This certificate is issued from the delegation of the Ministry of State Property and Land Tenure of the place where you are working.
  • Original attestation of effective presence. This document is issued by your hierarchical head in the office where you serve.
  • First certificate of service (certificat de prise de service). It can be individual or collective.
  • Recent payslip
  • Act of assignment for the necessity (acte d’affectation pour nécessité de service). This is for contract workers of categories 1 to 6.

Where to submit the compiled documents or file?

Generally, the practice has been that you have to take your application yourself to the Ministry of Finance inYaounde and deposit it at the incoming mail service (courier). However, there are other options. You can send it through the regional delegation of your ministry or the regional delegation of the Ministry of Finance where your work. They are supposed to do an onward transmission to Yaounde.

Common causes for the rejection of documents or files?

Your application for housing allowance or “indemnité de non-logement” Common reasons why applications are rejected are:

  • incomplete documents;
  • forged or falsified documents;
  • documents transmitted wrongly. This happens if the document does not pass through the incoming mail service of the Ministry of Finance;
  • applications where the individual already benefits from the housing allowance;
  • applications where the individual does not qualify.

What happens to rejected documents or files?

Normally, rejected files are supposed to be officially sent back by mail to the individual who made the application if he had indicated his return address or the rejection be announced by the press. However, due to the volume of work and other inconveniences, most rejected files and documents are not treated like this. They are now assembled and posted on the notice board of the Ministry of Finance as information to the applicants.

- Advertisement -spot_img

More articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article