Applications for Batch 2 of the Accelerate Aichi by 500 Global Landing Pad Program are now open.
This 8-week program is designed to help international growth-stage startups develop and validate a Japan-focused GTM strategy alongside Japanese corporate partners and industry experts. Apply by November 04 to be considered!
500 Global is collaborating with the Aichi Prefectural Government to develop and grow the startup ecosystem within Aichi aiming to build a strong base for startups to land and work in the region.
500 Global will work with Aichi Prefecture to form a startup ecosystem within the prefecture and build a solid foundation for startups to operate in the region. In this initiative, three types of programs will be held in Aichi Prefecture, aiming to create a successful model for startups, promote the development of the entire startup ecosystem, and build an open innovation culture that produces innovative technologies and business models.
An 8-week market access program that attracts about 15 overseas startups to Aichi
An 8-week Landing Pad Market-Access Program that aims to bring 15+ international startups to Aichi
They are looking for startups in the below sectors:
- Carbon capturing/measurement
- Gas or fuel purification
- Waste management / recycling
- Power generation tech (energy conversion, efficiency, storage)
- Renewable energy tech
- Lab grown meat or aquaculture technology
- Facilities or land management (inspection, communication, data)
- Optimising manufacturing or production processes
- New materials, new technologies
- Mobility/Smart Cities
- Spatial design
- Autonomous vehicle tech/enhancement
- Future of work (virtual)
- Disaster prevention
- HealthTech / MedTech
The Landing Pad Program offers founders:
- Robust Startup Ecosystem
- Be part of a bustling startup ecosystem leading in the automotive, manufacturing, mobility, and energy sectors.
- Corporate and Global Connections
- Connect with Japanese corporate partners and key stakeholders to validate your business ideas and expansion plans. Access their global network of startups, mentors, and industry partners with extensive knowledge and experience in global expansion.
- Tailored Mentorship
- Work with expert mentors to validate your product-market fit and gain insights into the Japanese market to craft an effective market expansion strategy.
- Phase 1 (4 Weeks, Virtual)
- Understanding the Japan Market and GTM Strategy
- This 4-week phase 1 will be conducted virtually. Startups will understand and learn how to navigate business expansion in Japan from their pool of expert mentors. Startups will also develop their Japan-specific go-to-market strategy and roadmap learn sales and marketing best practices suitable for Japan, and refine product-market fit for your solutions.
- Phase 2 (4 Weeks, In Person)
- Japan Market Immersion & Exploration
- This 4-week phase 2 will be held in person in Japan. Startups will focus on running experiments, talking to Japanese customers and will have the opportunity to connect with Japanese corporate partners and ecosystem stakeholders through curated networking events and sessions. In addition, startups will learn how to develop an effective presentation to Japanese audiences and work with assigned mentors to refine your capital attraction strategy.
- [Optional] Post-Program Support (4 Weeks, Virtual Or In-Person)
- Mentorship for Monitoring & Assessing
- Each startup who attended Phase 2 will get 1 hour per week with their mentors (optional) for them to continue their expansion plans by getting the support from their mentors. This can be done in person or virtually, depending on whether the team members choose to stay on in Japan.
What you can expect?
- The Accelerate Aichi by 500 Global Landing Pad program is designed to help international startups develop a customised Japan-focused go-to-market business plan and growth strategy.
- They are looking for startups that meet the following criteria:
- Growth-stage global startups ready for market expansion
- Committed to exploring expansion into Japan through the Aichi Prefecture
- Able to commit at least one (1) key team member for the duration of the program who will be focused on expansion plans
- Providing tech-enabled solutions from the sectors listed below
- Willing to be physically present in Nagoya, Aichi for Phase 2 of the program (at least 4 weeks)
- Please note that this is a non-investment program
For more information, visit https://500.co/accelerators/accelerate-aichi#landing-pad-program