The African Culture Fund (ACF) is launching this eleventh call for projects dedicated exclusively to African cultural operators, with a view to supporting them.
In Africa, most of the creation, production and distribution centers had been closed and artists were left without prospects. Moreover, many of them still live between despair and disarray. To date, Africa is gradually preparing for an exit from the crisis by resuming activities in the various sectors. This recovery requires that the various sectors of activity be supported in order to propel the African economy again, in particular through the cultural and creative industries.
To this end, it is urgent and a priority to set up support mechanisms for cultural industries and/or cultural operators in order to boost creativity and artistic productivity, but also to enable them to preserve the socio-economic fabric of the African creative sector, greatly weakened by the crisis.
- For any request made within the framework of this call, the budget granted by ACF is 8,000 (eight thousand) Euros maximum per project.
- Duration: The financing covers a period between 4 months minimum and 6 months maximum.
For this eleventh call for proposals, ACF supports applications in the following two categories of projects:
- Category 1: Requests for assistance with creation and/or production
- These requests relate to artistic creation or innovation projects in Africa.
- Category 2: Requests for assistance with distribution (physical or digital)
- These requests relate to physical or digital distribution projects in Africa.
- This call concerns the performing arts, cinema and audiovisual and visual arts.
Note: Female candidates are strongly recommended.
Geographic Coverage: This call covers all countries on the African continent.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following conditions:
- Being an artist or cultural actor or from Africa and the African diaspora, an organization or an artistic or cultural association established in Africa or cooperating on African projects with at least one African organization and having at least three years of experience.
- Having premises or being a member of an artistic or cultural organization or association.
- Having a legal status (organization).
- Possessing a moral guarantee.
- Presenting a structuring and innovative project in response to a call for projects.
For more information, visit https://www.africanculturefund.net/en/call-for-proposals-11-acf/