The aid programme in France provides for reception (including accommodation if necessary),the payment of a monthly grant for living in Paris, personalised support and networking with human rights defenders during a period of 6 months.
Examples of activities for the year of 2022
- Training in cyber security, advocacy, public speaking, project management and negotiation;
- Courses at Sciences Po: “Is a gender equal society possible?”
- Govern and Leave Power: Methods and Practices of Political Communication”;
- Interviews with French senators from the friendship groups of the countries of origin;
- Interviews with the media (e.g. Le Grand Continent or Revue Esprit) for the publication of articles;
- Meetings with NGOs active in the field of human rights and experts related to the topics addressed by the laureates;
- Trip to Lyon with a French association for the defence of human rights and to Strasbourg for the Council of Europe
- You can apply to be part of the 2023 class of the Marianne initiative by contacting:
- If you are abroad, ensuring the necessary security conditions: the French embassy/consulate or an organisation linked to the French embassy;
- If you are in France: a partner entity of the initiative or the interministerial delegation responsible for the reception and integration of refugees
- It will be in French, English or Spanish.
- You are committed to the promotion and defence of human rights in your country:
- You are a human rights defender in the sense recognised by the United Nations adult and of non-French nationality, regardless of your place of residence;
- You can provide document(s)/evidence, produced by others (recommendations, press articles, etc.), attesting to your commitment/action in favour of human rights;
- You can justify that participation in the Marianne Initiative’s French aid programme will strengthen your capacity for human rights action in your country and internationally, and that it will enable you to create or develop existing or planned links or projects with French organisations;
- You have a valid passport (with a validity of at least six months) or you are willing to follow the procedures to obtain one;
- You are not subject to any legal ban on leaving the territory;
- You are willing to travel to France from January 2023 to June 2023.
For more information, visit https://www.initiativemarianne.fr/