Sightsavers implements projects in over 30 countries in Africa and South Asia working to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. We are looking for a Banking and Treasury Executive – a new role within our expanding team to help us with our Treasury administration.
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Location: Sightsavers Country Offices – Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria (Abuja), Cameroon, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia.
Contract: One Year Fixed Term Contract with the expectation of extension
Hours: This is a full-time role with some flexibility around hours worked and the potential for some home working
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Banking and Treasury Executive to provide support to the treasury management function. This will involve global bank account management, global bank portal management and bank mandate management. The post holder will also be responsible for the management of monthly changes to the Sightsavers investment portfolio to ensure that management, accounting, and reporting requirements are met.
Key duties will include:
- Global bank account management to include opening, closing, and amending accounts
- Ensure optimal interfaces are achieved between the treasury management function and the operations team, in terms of processes, procedures, information sharing, common systems use and general collaboration and communications.
- Global bank portal management
- Bank mandate management using the Kyriba TMS Bank Management Module
- Updating and recording all electronic portal bank accounts, users, roles, and responsibilities
- Regular reviews of all bank account management information
- Assisting the Acting Treasury Manager in maintaining Banking partner relationships and reviewing for best practices and improvements
- Responsible for the management of monthly changes to the Sightsavers investment portfolio to ensure accurate and timely recording of purchases, disposals, realised and unrealised gain and losses to produce SUN accounting journals
- Analysing the investment portfolio and producing treasury management reports for monthly Management Account Reporting and Investment Committee meetings.
- Assisting the Acting Treasury Manager in Treasury analysis
- Filing and audit preparation in respect of all the above.
This is an ideal opportunity to build on your existing treasury experience. To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Part qualified accountant or equivalent experience, possibly working towards a treasury management qualification.
- Substantial work experience in finance and banking
- Experience of working in a Treasury environment.
- INGO experience (ideal)
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience with banks in Africa would be of particular interest as would be familiarity with the specific documentation and usage of Global multi bank electronic portals
This is a varied role, please read the full job description for further details. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply. There is flexibility around the location of this role; Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria (Abuja), Cameroon, Kenya, Uganda or Zambia and for the majority of the time it will be worked within the office. Please specify the location within your application questionnaire.
How to apply
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place w/c 12 September and w/c 19 September 2022
Closing Date: 4 September, 2022