The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) Regional Leadership Center (RLC) is now accepting applications for the West Africa Emerging Leaders Program.
What They Offer
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- This track caters to the range of emerging or aspiring entrepreneurs who expect to take on leadership roles within the private sector or build their own business ventures on the continent.
- Civil Society Management
- This track is oriented to those who are or aspire to be civically engaged and serve the public through non-governmental organizations, community based organizations, or volunteerism.
- Public Policy and Management
- This track is tailored to those who work or aspire to work in any level of government (including elected positions), regional organizations such as the African Union or the West Africa Community, international organizations such as the United Nations, or other publicly minded organizations or think tanks
Reasons to Apply to the YALI Accra RLC
- At the end of the program participants will be awarded with certificates and become members of the YALI Alumni
- Participants will be taken through various forms of leadership training to prepare them for leadership roles in their various endeavors.
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The management of the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra reserves the right to verify all information provided in the application.
- Admission to the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra is merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Togo, Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, The Gambia, Burkina Faso, Liberia, Cameroon and Sierra Leone
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana
- Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Selection for participation in the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa will be conducted as a merit-based, open competition. All eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Chosen semi-finalists will then be interviewed before a final selection is made and an invitation to join the program is issued.
- Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
- Demonstrated leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- Active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- A demonstrated knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected, and
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program.
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For more information, visit http://yaliwestafrica.net/rlc/index.php/registernowopen/