The Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism is pleased to launch the Tuition-free Product Immersion program for journalists and staff inside small to midsize news organizations who have little to no experience with product development and management but have an interest in adopting a product approach.
Product Immersion for Small Newsrooms, an online, tuition-free training program for journalists by the Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at CUNY, welcomes three new cohorts in 2022-2023, thanks to the support by partners News Product Alliance (NPA) and the Google News Initiative. Applications open today for the first cohort, which will train 25 journalists from Europe, the Middle East and Africa from September to November, 2022.
- The program consists of two months of weekly online classes taught by leaders in product design and development from newsrooms around the world, and small-group coaching along the way.
- This training is designed for journalists and staff inside small to midsize local newsrooms, who have little or no experience with product development and management but who are interested in taking a product approach to better serving the information needs of their audiences and finding new paths toward sustainability.
- Students must commit to attending all live classes and small-group coaching sessions, and completing any other assignments. The training is FREE, in ENGLISH and accessible online via Zoom
- The program is now accepting applications from journalists based in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (GMT 0 to +4) through July 15, 2022. To be considered for the program, applicants must submit the online application, which includes several short responses about the applicant’s familiarity with and interest in product development and a letter of newsroom commitment from the applicant’s organization.
- In this new cycle, Product Immersion will serve three consecutive cohorts of 25 to 30 journalists; one in Europe/Africa/Middle East, one in Asia Pacific, and one in the Americas. Instruction will be in English and fluency in English is required.
For more information, visit https://www.journalism.cuny.edu/2022/06/applications-open-for-new-product-immersion-cohorts/