Deadline: 2 December 2022
The Minor Foundation for Major Challenges (MFMC), a Norwegian foundation is now inviting applications to support communication projects which advance the transition to a low carbon economy. The calls for applications are open to international applicants.
MFMC supports projects that support urgent, large-scale transformation, with a focus on changing policies and practices in public or private institutions. The foundation’s priorities for the 2019-2023 period are to
- Encourage and support innovation in climate communication.
- Increase the number of voices and narratives in climate advocacy.
- Help strengthen social and political movements that open up for radical change.
- Concentrate on supporting European proposals.
MFMC supports diverse voices that engage citizens, policy makers and businesses to accelerate the transformation to a low carbon society.
Climate change is increasingly recognized as a major challenge and has become well established as an important policy area. Despite this, MFMC has yet to see action that matches the magnitude of the problem. A pressing task for climate change communication is therefore to foster a better understanding of the scale of necessary changes and the urgency with which they must be achieved. MFMC will prioritise projects that raise to this challenge and intends to radically scale up its funding to this end.
Types of Grant
- Large Grants In this category, MFMC is looking for projects typically in the range of EUR 20,000 to EUR 200,000, although larger projects may be considered. The application process consists of two steps, where interested organizations are asked to initially submit a short pitch. Based on this, the organization may be invited to submit a full application if the MFMC board finds the project appealing.
- Small Grants In this category, it is possible to apply for smaller grants of up to EUR 10,000 in a simplified one-stage process. Applications will be assessed by the MFMC board based on its aims and strategy.
The Minor foundation supports communication projects that.
- Aim to reduce GHG emissions in line with the urgent transformation required.
- Lead to policy or behavioural change among decisionmakers or lead to changes in policies or practices in public or private institutions.
- Increase the public’s support for climate policy measures.
- Are otherwise difficult to fund.
- The MFMC supports projects that support urgent, large-scale transformation, with a focus on changing policies and practices in public or private institutions.
- The foundation only considers applications that clearly fall under its strategy.
- The complete strategy for the period 2019–2023.
- In order to access UNIFOR’s application portal without a Norwegian ID, you have to request a user profile by contacting the secretary of the MFMC board. A user profile will be set up if the project is found to clearly fall within the MFMC strategy and thus merits the attention of the board. When contacting the secretary of the MFMC board, prospective applicants must provide their information.
For more information, visit https://unifor.no/stiftelser/the-minor-foundation-for-major-challenges/?_sf_s=Minor