Applications are now open for the Halcyon Residential Fellowship Program.
During the Halcyon Residential Fellowship, a diverse cohort of fellows receives free residency and workspace, mentorship and leadership coaching, robust support from business consultants, and a living stipend to develop their entrepreneurial vision.
Fellows engage with the program in two major stages:
- PHASE 1: RESIDENCY
- Residency (14 weeks): Fellows live and work at Halcyon’s headquarters in Washington, DC, with total access to expert guidance. They participate in core programming that includes family breakfast, pitch sessions, skill series, advisor office hours, and more. Hard work and dedication during this phase culminates in a final showcase to a curated audience of partners, mentors, advisors, supporters, and potential investors.
- PHASE 2: POST-RESIDENCY
- Post-residency: Fellows continue to have access to free workspace at Halcyon.
The Halcyon Residential Fellowship program includes the following:
- Rent-free housing at Halcyon (Washington, D.C.) during the 14-week residency period
- A lifelong community of fellows in social enterprise
- Pro bono leadership coaching
- 1 year pro bono legal support
- Pro bono Deloitte consulting
- Individual mentor
- $10,000 equity-free stipend
- Skills training sessions
- Peer learning sessions
- Access to world-class network of advisors
- Opportunities for investment
- To be eligible for this fellowship, you:
- May be from anywhere in the world and your venture may be focused on any business sector, as long as it is an early-stage impact-driven venture (i.e. prioritizes social and/or environmental good along with business success)
- Must be the CEO and/or hold primary decision-making power in the growth and strategic vision for the venture’s development and management
- Must be able to make a full-time commitment to work on the venture during the residency phase (February 20, 2023-May 26, 2023)
- Must be able to postpone any undergraduate or graduate course work during the residency phase (February 20, 2023-May 26, 2023)
- Must already live or work in the U.S. or be able to obtain a visa for the residency phase (February 20, 2023-May 26, 2023)
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program
- May apply on your own or with up to one co-founder who meets the above eligibility requirements.
- Must be willing to contribute to the growth and development of Halcyon’s fellow community
- To be eligible for this fellowship, your venture:
- Must be an original idea of the applicant(s)
- Must be proof of concept stage (you are too far along to benefit from Halcyon’s fellowships is your venture is earning $500,000 USD in annual recurring revenue)
- Must be an independent or autonomous venture that is not under the direction of an existing organization
- Must have plans for a sustainable business model to generate revenue by selling a core product or service
- Must be a for-profit or hybrid venture with the core mission is to create measurable social and/or environmental change
- May not be a 501(c)(3) non-profit venture
For more information, visit https://www.halcyonhouse.org/programs/halcyon-incubator/