The British Council has announced the applications for UK and International Biennales and Festivals.
The British Council’s Architecture Design Fashion team has supported presentations by UK architects and designers across ten international platforms since 2016 through their biennales and festivals grants.
They’re awarding grants of between £2,000 and £4,000 to support biennales and festivals in the UK to present work by international designers, and biennales and festivals outside the UK to present work by UK designers.
- Biennales and festivals outside the UK wishing to showcase work by UK-based designers, or UK biennales and festivals wishing to showcase work by international designers are eligible to apply.
- Grants are not designed for research and development, but to facilitate implementation of activities, such as collaborations and exchanges, or exhibitions and installations.
- Priority will be given to:
- activities either taking place in Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipient countries (for biennales and festivals outside the UK) or with designers based in those countries (for UK biennales and festivals). A limited number of grants will be available to support collaboration outside this group of countries;
- projects involving designers in early stages of their career, i.e. within 10 years of practice;
- projects that foster collaboration between UK-based and international designers.
For more information, visit https://design.britishcouncil.org/blog/2022/jul/05/opportunity-biennales-and-festivals-2022/?_ga=2.80663319.1634940584.1658133558-693948900.1653541905