The CoalitionWILD has announced the applications for EXCELerator Program that is intensive 6-month leadership and capacity-building training equipping emerging environmental leaders with the skills necessary to carry out action projects for the planet.
Each participant is accepted based on their individually proposed idea of an environmental project they want to implement or scale up that will tackle an issue facing an ecosystem, wildlife, their community, their culture, or their livelihood. The program is 100% virtual and free, and applications take place once per year.
What to Expect
- Thinkific, Slack and Mural platforms will be used to facilitate the program.
- Bimonthly webinars (12 total) led by expert speakers focused on project development and management, fundraising and grant writing, and effective communication. Webinars are designed to be interactive, therefore they will encourage participants to participate, ask questions, and bring their perspective to the sessions.
- Bimonthly informal group meetings (12 total) facilitated by CoalitionWILD team, where participants will have the opportunity not only share their progress about their projects and thoughts about the webinars, but also to engage in exercises that will bring them one step closer to the implementation of their initiative.
- Webinars and some informal sessions will be recorded for later viewing and presentations will be available for download.
- Several tasks translating learnings into action. Some webinars will have a follow up task associated with it. These are to help participants to implement and integrate the tips, practices, or information learned from the webinars into their projects and everyday life. Some of the tasks will be mandatory in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Downloadable toolkits and resources. During their time in the EXCELerator, participants will have access to a continually updated and curated list of resources for them to download and utilize for the benefit of their project. Each webinar will also provide follow up resources for them to download or utilize as a template to complete the tasks.
- Peer-mentorship scheme pairing 2-3 EXCELerator participants with a peer- mentor to support them throughout their journey (many peer-mentors are former EXCELerator participants or alumni of other CoalitionWILD programs).
- Opportunity to receive an official Certificate of Completion from the programto showcase what they have achieved throughout the six months.
- Access to global opportunities for funding, networking and having their project and work spotlighted in CoalitionWILD social media.
- This year’s EXCELerator journey will be divided into four phases, each of them with a definite number of relevant webinars and informal sessions. Following, you can get a sneak peak of the webinar sessions some of the confirmed topics that participants will be learning about this year:
- Phase 1: Preparing and Planning your Project for Success Project for Success
- Phase 2: Achieving Financial Sustainability and Using Resources Efficiently
- Phase 3: Building Strong Partnerships and Genuine Community Engagement
- Phase 4: Effective Communications and Storytelling.
- 35 years old or under on 11 October 2022
- Ability to communicate in English
- Must be able to fulfill the requirements of the program as stated in the application
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3UqYfw4