Applications are now open for the 2022 Findhelp fellowship Program.
The Findhelp fellowship Program believes that people working within their own communities have the greatest impact. That’s why they are proud to bring together people from across the nation that are committed to making a difference in the neighborhoods through their fellowship program.
The purpose of the fellowship program is to support and enhance the work of social care champions in their communities. Their fellows organize innovative projects that directly contribute to improving social care outcomes in their focus areas. Fellows in each cohort work together to create and promote their activities, and will have the support of findhelp in helping them achieve their project goals.
- Housing: Projects in this category focus on access to shelter or housing. They’ll consider projects across a range of different housing services, backgrounds and industries so long as they propose a way of addressing findhelp’s most searched for need.
- Food: Nearly tied with housing as the most searched for need on findhelp network is food. Your project is the right fit if you can tell them how you’ll contribute to food equity, access, or education in your community.
- Family, Youth and Children: Do you have a project idea that promotes positive outcomes from children, youth or families? Then this is the right theme for you! Projects can be centered on prenatal health, maternal health, childhood development, foster youth, or other child and family services.
- Health Equity: Health equity is ensuring that every individual has the opportunity to achieve their full health potential. They’ll accept a wide range of project applications under this theme so long as you can tell them how you plan to promote or contribute to health equity in your community.
Why Should You Apply for the Fellowship?
Successful applicants will receive support to implement a community service project of their design, along with training in leadership and professional development. During the course of the fellowship, the fellows meet weekly to network and support each other’s projects. Fellows receive:
- $1,000 to make your service project a reality
- Connection with members of a close-knit fellowship cohort, composed of fellows across the nation
- Leadership training and support from them in promoting your project to your community
- The opportunity to tackle a topic of personal or professional interest to improve their community
- Opportunities to network, build relationships and explore fields and careers outside of their own
- Support and project planning advice from Community Engagement Managers
- Printed materials for communications and promotion of their event or project(s)
- A chance to learn from experts in the field, gather meaningful skills and insights, and explore regional data
The Fall 2022 findhelp Fellowship cycle will run from approximately August 2022 through January 2023. Applications will be accepted June 13th – July 15th, 2022. Selected recipients will be notified by late August 2022.
Projects can take a variety of forms. They can be a fundraiser, workshop, awareness or advocacy campaign, donation drive, learning series, resource fair, or other pre-approved community event. They are also accepting applications for projects that fit into existing lines of work or contribute to a larger project
- The findhelp fellowship is open to anyone! The only criteria is that selected fellows are able to fulfill the fellowship requirements
- At this time, previous recipients of the findhelp fellowship are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://go.findhelp.com/fellowship-program