Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity, non-profit, apolitical and secular. Its objective is to meet all the basic needs of civilian victims endangered, marginalized or excluded by the effects of natural disasters, wars and situations of economic collapse. PUI is present in 22 countries, in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, the Caucasus and the Caribbean, and operates in the areas of food security, health, nutrition, infrastructure rehabilitation, water and sanitation and economic recovery.
PUI has been present in Cameroon since 2008, first on the East / Adamaoua front then in the Far North (EN) in 2014/2015, via its base in Maroua. It carries out emergency and recovery activities in Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH), Nutritional Food Security and Livelihoods (SANME), Essential Household Items (AME)/Shelter. Since 2017, PUI has expanded into Logone-et-Chari (LC) from its base in Kousseri where teams carry out projects in SANME, WASH, Shelter, AME as part of the Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM)
Since 2016, Cameroon has been facing an unprecedented internal crisis in the English-speaking North West and South West (NOSO) regions. This crisis, initially based on corporatist demands from lawyers and teachers, gradually shifted towards strong secessionist demands and violent armed clashes.
These events lead to major displacements of populations fleeing to areas considered safer, particularly in the West region, which is one of the main reception points for the displaced, mainly in the departments of Menoua, Bamboutos and Noun.
The most recent data collected by IOM and OCHA estimate as of 15 September 2021 that there were 84,927 displaced people in the West region, mainly in the departments of Menoua (18,761), Bamboutos (22,131 ) and Noun (19,061). 42% of these displaced persons, or approximately 37,000 people, were displaced during and before 2018. Approximately 7,994 of the displaced persons, or 9%, were displaced between January and July 2021. specify that these figures fluctuate rapidly due to the many pendular movements that characterize the area.
Although the conflict is mainly localized in the North-West and South-West regions, we are witnessing an upsurge in attacks in the border regions, particularly in the West.
As part of our interventions, PUI is recruiting aCapital Base Logistics Assistant .
Under the direct responsibility of the Assistant to the Logistics Coordinator, the Logistics Assistant at the capital base participates in the implementation of the logistics activities of the base in order to provide the means necessary for the conduct of the programs that Première Urgence Internationale is developing in the West and Far North Regions of Cameroon.
Responsibilities and fields of actioncontribute to the security management of the base
- Ensure the management and administrative management of the staff under his hierarchical responsibility
- Ensure the development and maintenance of the buildings of the base
- Ensure the management of base equipment
- Contribute to supplies
- Ensure the daily and administrative management of the base vehicle fleet
- Ensure the management of inter-base travel
- Participate in the management of the computer park of the base
- Participate in reporting and internal representation of the database
Specific objectives and associated activities
- Contribute to the security management of the base He/(She) participates in setting up and enforcing all the security rules defined on the base.
- He/(She) participates in the collection and transmission of security information on the base.
- He/(She) ensures that the buildings in the base’s coverage area are compliant and equipped according to the organization’s security standards.
- He/(She) ensures the implementation and compliance with security procedures in the coverage area of ??his/her base and, if necessary, alerts his/her hierarchical superior.
- He/(She) reports to his/her superiors any breach of the security rules of his/her base.
Ensure the management and administrative management of the staff under his hierarchical responsibility
- He/(She) organizes a monthly meeting with the personnel under his hierarchical responsibility, produces a report and reports it to his hierarchical superior.
- He/(She) ensures the administrative management of the personnel under his hierarchical responsibility in collaboration with the administration and his superior.
- He/(She) conducts staff appraisal interviews under his/her hierarchical responsibility.
- He/(She) ensures the training of the personnel under his hierarchical responsibility.
- He/(She) provides training in the organisation’s logistical procedures and tools.
Ensure the fitting out and maintenance of the base buildingsHe/(She) carries out regular inspection visits to all the base buildings in order to identify any repairs, maintenance or fittings to be carried out.
- He/(She) supervises or carries out all repair, maintenance or development work on the base.
- He/(She) supervises daily workers and contractors contracted to carry out work on the base.
- He/(She) supervises the maintenance and repairs of domestic equipment on the base.
Ensure the management of base equipment He (She) participates in the technical choices of the base’s logistical equipment.
- He (She) ensures the daily and administrative management of the equipment of the base.
- He/(She) participates in the installation of base equipment, ensures its proper functioning, maintenance and carrying out any necessary repairs.
- He/(She) participates in the development of procedures for the use of equipment and in the training of their users.
Contribute to supplies
- He/(She) ensures that the fixed charges of the base are paid on time.
- He/(She) compiles the base’s purchasing files in accordance with the NGO’s procedures.
- He/(She) negotiates the prices of purchases made on his/her basis.
- He/(She) follows all financial management procedures of the organization.
- He/(She) justifies all his/her advances and professional expenses in accordance with the organization’s procedures.
- He/(She) sends all material intended for the other bases on time and with the necessary documentation.
- He/(She) maintains the stock of his/her base in accordance with the procedures of the NGO.
- He/(She) maintains the minimum stock threshold so as not to run out.
Ensure the daily and administrative management of the base vehicle fleetHe/(She) ensures the reservations of rental vehicles in accordance with user requests.
- He/(She) ensures the daily follow-up of the movements of the vehicles of the base.
- He/(She) ensures that all vehicles are equipped with the necessary equipment and documentation before any trip (checklist).
- He/(She) supervises the proper functioning of the vehicles, their maintenance and the carrying out of the necessary repairs.
- He/(She) ensures the administrative management of the vehicle fleet of the base, in particular of their documentation in collaboration with his hierarchical superior.
- He/(She) monitors in particular safety issues relating to the use of vehicles (authorized persons, special conditions, safety equipment, etc.).
- He/(She) ensures the implementation and completion of travel monitoring, fuel management and maintenance tools (log books).
- He/She checks the fuel consumption of base vehicles and makes the necessary adjustments to the procedures for use, if necessary.
- He/She produces the transport report at the end of each month
Ensure the management of inter-base movementsHe/She ensures that the staff complies with the policy and procedure for movements and reservations.
- He/She receives and processes travel requests by car, train and plane.
- He/She represents/participates in briefings/meetings requested by UNHAS.
- He/She manages UNHAS reservations online and reserves/purchases train tickets for official staff travel and follows up until tickets are obtained and transmitted to traveling staff.
- He/She buys Avion Camair-Co tickets on the basis of valid travel forms.
- He/She organizes transport for the reception of travelers arriving / departing from the coordination at the airport or the station.
- He/She ensures the allocation of rooms at the guesthouse for expatriates and colleagues on mission to the coordination and monitors the rotation.
- He/She informs the house staff of all arrivals and departures.
- He/She makes hotel reservations for passing staff at the coordination level and checks the invoices sent before payment by finance .
Participate in the management of the base’s computer equipmentHe/(She) ensures that all base users have the necessary computer equipment and are in good condition.
- He/(She) ensures that computer equipment is working properly and is cleaned regularly.
- He/(She) ensures that the users of the database back up their data.
- He/(She) detects computer problems and ensures that they are resolved by himself or a service provider.
- He/(She) ensures that the internet network works properly. If necessary, find solutions.
- He/(She) ensures that the computers have up-to-date anti-virus software.
- He/(She) supervises the management of modems and their dispatching.
Participate in reporting and internal representation of the baseHe/(She) participates in the internal reporting of the base.
- He/(She) ensures the archiving of the logistical documents of the base under the supervision of his hierarchical superior.
- He/(She) ensures the monthly logistic reporting of the base and transmits it to his hierarchical superior.
- He/(She) participates in the organization’s internal meetings.
- He/(She) ensures effective communication of information to other base services .
Profile sought: Bacc+2 in logistics or any other equivalent diploma. Bacc+3 Appreciated.
Professional Experience: Experience of at least two (02) continuous years in a similar position in a logistics company OR at least one (01) year in a similar position in an international organization
Mandatory knowledge and skills
- Administrative and Logistic Procedures
- Compliance with safety rules
- Supply chain management (purchase, transport, storage)
- Technical equipment (computing, communication, etc.)
- Pack Office
- Soft and hard troubleshooting
Knowledge and skills appreciated
Personal characteristics required Team spirit
- Rigor and organization
- Good responsiveness / efficiency
- Sense of responsibility
- Sense of diplomacy and open-mindedness
- Strength of proposals, search for solutions
- Respect for confidentiality
- Taking relevant initiatives
- Ability to manage priorities
- Adherence to humanitarian values
- Good horizontal and vertical communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Position based in Yaoundé (Centre region)
- Replacement fixed-term contract.
- Salary defined according to the PUI salary grid.
- Started in October 2022.
- Candidates who are nationals of the locality of recruitment and/or resident will be given priority.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged.
DEADLINE FOR FILING: SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2022.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED PERSONALLY.
THE ORIGINALS OF THE DIPLOMAS, WORK CERTIFICATE, RECOMMENDATIONS MUST BE BROUGHT BY THE CANDIDATES CONVENED FOR THE TESTS AND INTERVIEWS.