This is a Professional contract, Grade 5 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 5 (NRC) contracts.
The purpose of a Core Competency (CC) Technical Officer position is to contribute with specific technical competences to project implementation. This position will normally not entail management responsibility of staff, but under certain circumstances, the job may entail management responsibility for a very limited number of staffs at assistant level. Either these circumstances can be related to a time-bound support or permanent but in scope limited administrative support. If supervision of technical or a wider range of staff is needed, the position of Team Leader is to be used. The following is a brief description of the role.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with WASH and Shelter cc strategies, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- Guarantee WASH / Shelter specific technical responsibility for implementation and documentation of technical activities of the CCs project(s)
- Guarantee WASH / Shelter specific technical responsibility for the quality control and monitoring of project activities
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist