National Organisation Financial Controller
Location: Preferably UK or globally, Flexible
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
We are looking for a skilled International Accounting Services Controller to join our Global Hub finance team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate, complete and timely financial reporting data from COs (Country Offices) while strengthening the current data collection and analysis processes. You will be documenting monthly data flows from all COs, building permanent files for each CO, and creating end-to-end accounting procedures/processes for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborating with Regional Finance Managers (RFM) and Country Finance Managers (CFM) to ensure complete, accurate and timely CO submissions that adhere to GH reporting deadlines
- Serving as the key contact for all RFMs and CFMs regarding CO financial submissions
- Understanding each CO’s local GAAP
- Identifying significant or unusual transactions on time, with sufficient commentary and understanding to support them
- Collaborating with to identify and review any necessary US GAAP/IFRS adjustments with RFMs/CFMs.
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
- Strong and proven accounting ability with knowledge of corporate accounting under US GAAP and IFRS.
- Ability to create appropriate financial reports to investigate trends and variances
- Experience in group reporting, including consolidations, in a group finance function within medium to large-sized, complex multi-currency organization
- Strong knowledge of and experience in applying financial accounting controls.
- Knowledge and awareness of best practice financial policies and procedures.
- ERP systems experience, preferably SAP BPC
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work calmly under pressure, prioritize and work to tight deadlines.
If you are passionate about advancing children’s rights and equality for girls and have the skills and experience we are looking for, please submit your application.
Please note only CV and cover letters in English will be accepted
Please follow this link for a full role profile; National Organisation Financial Controller.docx
Location: This role will ideally be based in the UK, employed from the Global Hub for Plan International which is based in Woking, Surrey however other locations where Plan International has an office* that can employ on behalf of the Global Hub and you have the pre-existing right to work and live may be considered. Hybrid, or fully remote will be considered for this position
Type of role: Permanent or maximum fixed term contract as per employing office’s standard terms and conditions.
Salary: We will be happy to disclose the salary and applicable benefits to applicants as part of this process, however, please kindly note that the salary and employment benefits will be set according to your location and therefore it is not possible to include full details here.
As an indication if this role was based in the UK the salary would be circa £45,000 per annum
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th April
*Applicable locations include: Australia, Bangladesh, Belgium, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Central African Republic, China, Colombia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Finland, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Korea, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Uganda, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.