Limbe, Buea, Cameroon
July 8, 2022
TELLERS ( JOB ID Code: NPNTEL008)
- A teller is responsible for the day-to-day financial transactions of customers of the MFI
- Bank tellers must possess excellent basic math/counting skills, as well as exceptional people skills.
- Provides account services to customers by receiving deposits and loan payments, cashing checks, issuing savings withdrawals,
- Serves customers by completing account transactions.
- Provides account services to customers by receiving deposits and loan payments, cashing checks, issuing savings withdrawals, and recording night and mail deposits.
- Sells cashier’s checks, traveler’s checks, and series e bonds.
- Answers questions in person or on telephone and refers customers to other bank services as necessary.
- Records transactions by logging cashier’s checks, traveler’s checks, and other special services; preparing currency transaction reports.
- Cross-sells bank products by answering inquiries, informing customers of new services and product promotions, ascertaining customers’ needs, and directing customers to a branch representative.
- Completes special requests by closing accounts, taking orders for checks, opening and closing Christmas and vacation clubs, exchanging foreign currencies, completing safe-deposit box procedures, and providing special statements, copies, and referrals.
- Reconciles cash drawer by proving cash transactions, counting and packaging currency and coins.
- Reconciles loan coupons and other transactions.
- Maintains supply of cash and currency and turns in excess cash and mutilated currency to head teller.
- Complies with bank operations and security procedures by participating in all dual-control functions, maintaining customer traffic surveys, auditing other tellers’ currency, and assisting in certification of proof.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Minimum of a High School, BTS, HND or any related field relevant to the job description
- Must be customer, service oriented and friendly and humble
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work in a team Significant previous experience in the banking or Microfinance industry
- Excellent computer skills; experience in financial software, Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional knowledge of banking, accounting, Ability to manage employees, while multitasking large projects
- Pays strict attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Eligibility: Aged between 24 and 40 years as at the 30th of June 2022
You are perfectly bilingual, have a minimum of an HND, with A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position please send in a motivation letter and your resume to the following email address: [email protected] clearly stating the position for which you are applying on or before the 14th of July 2022 at 06pm prompt
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]