November 25, 2022
Position Reports To: Country Program Manager
Jhpiego is an international non-profit (NGO) working to improve the health of women and families around the world. Through the Global Fund’s HIV Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) Strategic Initiative, the proposed Senior Technical Advisor will provide and coordinate remote and in-country technical assistance to CNLS and partners to strengthen DSD approaches in the whole HIV continuum.
The HIV Technical Advisor will lead the technical support to CNLS and collaborate closely with WHO, UNAIDS, and other implementing partners to advance achievement of 95-95-95 targets through operationalization of differentiated service delivery across the clinical cascade. S/he will lead the development of DSD operational SOPs, tools, trainings materials etc., and ensure that the latest evidence and best practices including adaptations to COVID-19 are incorporated in the existing national guidelines/SOPs, accompanying operation documents and job aids which will guide implementation approaches.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight introduction and/or strengthening of DSD:
- Assist with coordination of the DSD work of team members with their designated counterparts including the donor agency, the Ministry of Health, community-based organizations, as well as other implementing partners in Cameroon to ensure effective technical assistance and the smooth implementation of activities; – Lead a coordinated consultative and engagement of relevant stakeholders in the development/review of documents (guidelines, SOPs, training package or job aids); – Support the finalization the situational analysis and validation meeting summarizing existing DSD models for testing (including infant diagnosis/EID), treatment, and viral load suppression in Cameroon (SO1); – Develop national guidelines for differentiated service delivery for testing (including infant diagnosis/EID), treatment, and viral load suppression in Cameroon (SO1); – Support the Strategic information Advisor to update and validate M&E and data use tools in alignment with the national DSD guidelines (SO4); – Update training and mentorship packages for differential and decentralized testing/treatment/VL standards from activities conducted in SO1 and SO2 above; – Provide technical Assistance for ongoing capacity building, problem solving and addressing challenges / bottlenecks related to DSD implementation and scale-up.
- Work closely with Jhpiego home office staff to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project implementation;
- Write donor reports and other program-related documents in a timely manner;
- Participate in relevant technical advisory groups with counterparts and partner institutions;
- Represent Jhpiego’s interests and present progress, accomplishments and lessons learned to key stakeholders, including donors, implementing partners in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences and presentations;
- Ensure that Jhpiego’s programs comply with donor policies and regulations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Clinician required (i.e., Nurse, Doctor); additional advanced degree in public health, health administration, international health or related field preferred;
- At least 8 years of experience managing HIV prevention or care and treatment programs at a national level and international level, including planning, designing, budgeting, supervising, evaluating and documenting results;
- Have a good understanding of the Global Fund’s management rules, reporting requirements and overall strategic framework is an advantage;
- Proven experience/track record designing, implementing, monitoring DSD models across HIV prevention and treatment for specific population
- Previous experience as a technical advisor or program manager, with proven ability to develop technical capacity in regional and national programs;
- Have a good understanding of Cameroon’s health system;
- Management, training or clinical experience in HIV prevention, testing, care and treatment, and integrated TB/HIV services;
- Track record developing technical guidelines, training materials, SOPs, etc.
- Knowledge of HIV and TB program implementation, including quality priorities;
- Knowledge of research principles, including data analysis and use, and report and manuscript development;
- Excellent diplomatic skills and proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with donors, host country counterparts and representatives of other key stakeholders;
- Ability to coach and mentor technical staff and strong facilitation, team building and coordination skills;
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership, strategic thinking, organizational and advocacy skills;
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, tight deadlines and intense pressure to perform;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills in English and French are required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel around Cameroon up to 30% of time.
Candidates interested in this position and meeting the required profile are requested to send only a letter of motivation specifying in subject the position to be filled, a curriculum vitae, scanned copies of diplomas, names and addresses of three (03) reference persons in the professional field by email to [email protected] no later than 08 December, 2022.
Please indicate the title of the position in the subject line: HIV Technical Advisor .
The selected candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment employment background investigation.
Successful candidates will be required to complete their application with all documents attesting to their statements contained in the CV;
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]