Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries.
08 Project Assistants
Project Coordinator and Area Sponsorship Coordinator respectively
Bertoua PIIA : Batouri et Nguélémendouka
Garoua PIIA: Ngong, Pitoa and Nyambaka (Ngaoundere)
Maroua PIIA: Mokolo
CO Urban: Akonolinga, and Awae
The purpose of this role is to provide uninterrupted support to the activities of the organisation in the areas of project management and sponsorship communication, assist funds mobilisation through participation in project writing. The incumbent will contribute to the implementation of impactful programs to promote the rights of children and equality for girls, within the communities wherein Plan International Cameroon intervenes.
Dimensions of the Role
Ensure the integration of sponsorship and program processes within the PIIA for the effective implementation of Plan International commitments.
Project Management – 50%
- Contribute to the design, planning, monitoring, evaluation, research and reporting of projects (Grants or Sponsorship) within the PIIA.
- Contribute to the drafting, review and finalization of monthly progress, quarterly and annual reports of the PIIA.
- Facilitate the activities of the Community agents, and local committees through trainings, coaching and orientation to comfortably manage Youth clubs, children forums, project implementation and Alumni in their respective communities.
- Ensure members of Youth clubs are trained in child and young people safeguarding, Sexual & Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR), good governance and Data collection.
- Establish and maintain good working and learning relationship with partner organizations and government officers within target communities.
- Ensure Plan’s child and young people safeguarding policy and related procedures are adhered to by him/her and CAs in all aspects of work.
- Support councils or LNGO and local committees’ partners to sensitize councils / partner communities on rights of the children and equality for girl’s frame work.
- Support Community agents, local committee, Councils or partner LNGOs in the creation and strengthening of children’s forums and Youth clubs in affiliated communities in his/her area of operation.
- Work closely with CAs, local committees, communities, local and government authorities and partner LNGOs to promote early and late birth registration, sensitize community members on the importance of education to all, especially the girl child, the implication of force and early child marriage and other forms of child abuse.Sponsorship Communication – 50%
- Provide support to and supervise the work of Community Agents and local committees (CAs) assigned to them.
- Contribute to the production of all area sponsorship documents (C/GMSC, SPAR) and CD letter of Appreciation in known-partner communities in collaboration with the Area Sponsorship Coordinator.
- Ensure Cas visit all sponsored children once a year within the Sponsorship communities and provide feedback through monthly reporting.
- Ensure CAs are actively involved in sponsorship work and clearly understand their role.
- Ensure that CAs produce at least 95% of all due items in his/her areas of intervention and ensure zero backlogs by the end of each month and end of the quarter.