iMMAP is an international non-governmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP will conduct capacity building for regional Ministries of Health in 5 Regions (Littoral, Adamaoua, West, North West and South West). The focus will be on developing the capacity of public sector staff at the District, Hospital, and Regional levels, to improve analysis, interpretation, and make evidence-based decision-making using digital health data. The training will focus on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and COVID-19 vaccination data, with a focus on Microsoft PowerBi, Microsoft Excel, and DHIS2 platforms.
This is an expatriate position (open to all nationalities) , and will be based in Yaoundé, Cameroon, with frequent travel to regional capitals. Proficient command of both English and French is essential
This position is dependent upon funding
Description of Duties
- Project Management
- Ensure objectives are met within the required time frame and budget. Where necessary ensure preventative and corrective action is taken.
- Develop an implementation strategy which is appropriate to the country context and strategy.
- Plan the mobilisation of resources for the implementation of program activities.
- Manage a comprehensive activity plan, including resource needs analysis, covering the time frame.
- Proactively inform iMMAP Headquarters (Africa Desk and Global Health Programme Manager) of identified opportunities, risks and risk mitigation relevant to the program planning and implementation.
- Maintain an overview of the national and regional context with a view to the strategic development of the project both in the current identified sites and potential of future program extension and expansion.
- Support programme implementation as needed, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and close-out.
- Develop potential programming through the writing of concept papers, proposals and budgets for iMMAP
- Financial Management
- Ensure that budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations.
- Monitor the spending of designated programme funds in the pre-operational phase of the program.
- Staff Management
- Ensure all identification, selection, and contracting-related issues for the staff of the designated project are carried out in accordance with iMMAP guidelines.
- Ensure that staff receive appropriate and adequate training by providing coaching.
- Through a consultative leadership style and a transparent and supportive communication structure, develop and build an effective iMMAP project team.
- Security Management
- Assess and review the security status of identified areas of operation.
- Ensure security plans and protocols for the areas of operation are updated and implemented.
- Quality Management
- Ensure designated projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements.
- Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of the programmes.
- Build relationships on behalf of iMMAP with bilateral donors, international non-governmental organizations, implementation partners, and other agencies relevant to the implementation of the programme.
- Represent iMMAP in relevant consultations and meetings.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of activities to iMMAP, donor, and implementation partners.
- Assist iMMAP Head of Office with forward strategic planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the Head of Office.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in international development studies preferred but not required;
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in programme management required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of work experience in similar management and/or advisor functions in international humanitarian or development aid.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing programme start-up under limited time constraints as well as planning programme close-out.
- Knowledge of basic programme development skills such as quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of national and regional dynamics of migration and actors, and an understanding of the functioning and policy-making dynamics of these actors;
- Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Experiencing managing Capacity Building activities and programmes
- Experience designing capacity-building materials
- Understanding of Sexual and Reproductive Health is an asset
- Understanding of COVID-19 vaccination is an asset
- Experience with using DHIS2
- Experience in data collection and population monitoring.
- Soft skills
- Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas.
- Technical writing skills including developing proposals and reports.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude.
- Ability to select, develop and lead teams.
- Ability to work based on objectives.
- Knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Office.and Google Suites
- Fluent / professionally proficient in both English and French is essential
Personnel are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs, and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has a zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse, and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/593
We are pleased to introduce to you our Professional CV/Resume, Cover Letters writing services and LinkedIn profile Optimization for all those in search of both National and International Jobs. We have a track record of our CV/Resumes, Cover Letters and well Made-over LinkedIn profiles changing lives in Cameroon and beyond. Book a free consultation with us now for your CVs/ Cover Letter and LinkedIn Profiles optimization at +237674542410.
In need of job search assistance too? Do not hesitate, just book a free consultation and get the help you desire to land your next dream job
Nous avons le plaisir de vous présenter nos services de rédaction de CV/Resume, de lettres de motivation et d’optimisation de profils LinkedIn pour tous ceux qui sont à la recherche d’emplois nationaux et internationaux. Nous avons un historique de nos CV/Resumes, lettres de motivation et profils LinkedIn bien faits qui ont changé des vies au Cameroun et au-delà. Réservez une consultation gratuite avec nous maintenant pour l’optimisation de vos CV/lettres de motivation et profils LinkedIn au +237674542410.
Vous avez également besoin d’aide pour votre recherche d’emploi ? N’hésitez pas, réservez une consultation gratuite et obtenez l’aide dont vous avez besoin pour décrocher l’emploi de vos rêves.