|Term Duration:||2 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Closing Date:||11/27/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank is organized into six client-facing Regional Vice-Presidencies, several corporate functions and fifteen Global Practices and five Global Themes to bring best-in-class knowledge and solutions to regional and country clients.
The Africa Region, which is comprised of approximately 800 staff members, mostly based in about 44 field offices, is committed to helping Africa realize its considerable development potential, with a focus on employment generation. The core values guiding our work are passion for our mission of sustainable poverty reduction with keen attention to quality and transformative impact, putting the needs of the client at the center of all our activities, trust and respect as a common currency, intellectual rigor and curiosity, honesty and integrity, teamwork, openness to learning and the courage to admit we do not always have the answer.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Operational and administrative support:
- Provide support for preparation and implementation of World Bank projects and activities according to Bank procedures.
- Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to Bank format and distribution.
- Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders into the central database, including processing new project status reports.
- Keep abreast of the Organization’s directives and ensure effective processing of all project documents.
- Draft routine correspondence (standard letters, memos, faxes, etc.) conforming to the Organization’s regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style and proofread materials; pays attention to details, and able to assist the Senior Executive Assistant to edit and format the official letters with minimum supervision.
- Help task teams to draft, process and send mission related documents (mission announcement letter, aide memoire, management letter) on time and using the appropriate template.
- Comply with the guidelines on management of correspondences (letters) using Central and other tools.
- Provide language support and draft translations from English into French and vice versa.
- Draft minutes of meetings and provide assistance in editing large documents.
- Maintain up-to-date divisional project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by the Country Director and/or the Country Management Unit (CMU).
- Incorporate agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
- Process all STC contracts for the unit in close collaboration with the Task Team Leader and assist with end-of-year closing requirements that includes review and follow-up to ensure that consultant commitments and balances are paid, and contracts are closed accordingly for unit-led tasks, particularly during the last quarter of the fiscal year.
Information Management and Client interaction:
- Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle.
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
- Co-ordinate with service units and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office.
- Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities
Time management & Logistic planning:
- Arrange working schedule and meeting with counterparts for the visiting teams.
- Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information.
- Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
- Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully and assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g., conferences, workshops, negotiations, board presentation and signing, field missions, etc.
- Serve as a back-up to the Sr. Executive Assistant and other ACS staff on project and administrative tasks.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Supervisor.
- Technology and systems knowledge – Demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Project and task management – Exhibit good organizational, problem-solving, analytical skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrate attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrate knowledge of own department’s programs and products, know key players, understand own role. Display understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
- Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrate flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrate motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
- Client Orientation (ACS) – Exhibit good communication skills, positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally.
- Learning, knowledge sharing and communication (ACS) – Good French and English language skills (verbal and written). Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
- Business judgment and analytical decision making (ACS) – Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can be relied on to use own judgement to complete assigned tasks, reporting back, and have judgement when to seek further guidance. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquiries.
- Drive for Results – Able to take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so. Being able respect deadlines and can be relied on to assure physical presence when required (within reason).
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborate with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view. Willing and able to mentor junior colleagues.
- Bachelor + four-year experience of relevant experience Ability to pass relevant Bank Group tests in place at time of recruitment (e.g., English language, computer applications, etc.).
- Previous experience with a multilateral/bilateral organization is an advantage.
- English and French skills required (written and spoken), including ability independently draft a variety of formal and informal correspondence; to proofread/edit materials.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness.
- Proven ability to build relationship and interact positively with senior counterparts in the public and private sectors, in French and English.
- Committed team player with good inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Apply; here: https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=19919&site=1