November 16, 2022
- Role and responsibilitiesThe purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the logistic functions responsibilities particularly the management of transport and assets at NRC Buea. Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, manuals, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop logistics reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the line managerSpecific responsibilities
- FLEET MANAGEMENT
- Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained according to Logistics Handbook and other NRC policies
- Organize and plan staff travel to the field by air and road
- Ensure all drivers adhere to NRC logistics and driver’s procedures
- Compile and submit monthly vehicle utilization and carpool reports
- Ensure monthly vehicle data is recorded in the TERRAMAR software
- Ensure NRC fleet is utilized and optimized accordingly.
- Prepare requisitions for spare parts for vehicles & Generators
- Supervise and monitor the overall maintenance of the vehicles in conjunction with the NRC drivers and the vehicle rental agency
- Coordinate and facilitate timely reporting of eventualities like accidents and breakdowns
- Ensure that NRC and rental vehicles are equipped with necessary documents and equipment
- Ensure all drivers fill movement logbook and that logbook is signed by the passengers.
- Ensure the archiving of all mission vehicle management documents in OFFICE 365 on a monthly basis
- ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for the receipt, storage and upload of all assets on UNIT4 system
- Ensure that proper documentation is maintained for all assets and properly filed on O365.
- Ensure that assets are properly tagged.
- To also ensure asset movement is tracked in the Asset Register
- Assist the Logistics Team Leader with Physical Asset Counts and documents as may be required.
- Keep log of the generators and ensure that fuel consumption is monitored and recorded appropriately
- Supervise and monitor maintenance of generators
- Take an active part in the periodic planning and review meetings of the department’s activities
- Compile and submit monthly Asset reports
- Professional competenciesGeneric professional competencies:
- Experience from working as logistic assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience with inventory, asset and vehicle management.
- Experience with computers – Microsoft Word Outlook
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good Knowledge Experience with computers – Microsoft Word Outlook and Microsoft excel
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts within NW/SW will be an added advantage
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilitiesContext/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of University degree in logistics and supply chain management and or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of non-profit or NGO work experience within INGOs
- At least two years of experience working within a complex and volatile contexts
- Understanding the humanitarian principles, code of conduct, and specific sub-sector work linked to NGO field and operations contexts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Attention to detail and accuracy
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]