– Management of project monitoring and evaluation operations in accordance with Plan International and donor policies and procedures;
– Establish the project memory by organizing the collection, consolidation, and archiving of project-related data, as well as the establishment and operationalization of databases necessary for the capitalization of the project, in collaboration with the Data Management and Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator;
– Identify and share with the Programme Influencing and Implementation Area Manager, any opportunities, constraints or readjustment needs related to the project;
– Manage project reporting by preparing and submitting to the Programme Influencing and Implementation Area Manager the various required reports on time, namely weekly, monthly and quarterly program reports, as well as any useful report requested by the supervisor and the donor.
– Coordinate with M&E to conduct needs assessments, baseline studies, document lessons learned and share best practices to improve on programme/ project quality.
Information and Coordination
– Management of partnership relations with various stakeholders in the implementation of the project, including state structures, communes, committees,
– Organize monthly and quarterly meetings of the project team, validate reports and action plans of the components;
– Representation of Plan International Cameroon in coordination mechanisms related to the Project’s areas of intervention, including meetings of the protection sector group (child protection working group and SGBV working group).
Human Resource Development
– Facilitation, management, supervision and capacity building of the Project team, partners and communities (community relays and social workers, focal points…) in strategies, approaches and protection of children;
– Mentor and supervise the project team, including performance reviews of all project staff;
– Support the integration of activities across project components.
– In collaboration with Data Management and the M&E Coordinator, Specialist and/or Livelihood Specialist develop project summaries, lessons learned and best practice documents that could inform new project ideas;
– With technical support from the CPiE Specialist, the EiE Specialist and/or Livelihood Specialist develop Concept Notes and new funding proposals, particularly in the areas of Protection (Child Protection and SGBV), Livelihoods and Education;
– Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Key end results and typical responsibilities:
“Work” done (what) and “why” (why), but not “actions” or “how” (how); include indicators of success.
Monitor the implementation of activities to ensure compliance with project planning, objectives, and donor and Plan International Cameroon strategies and procedures;
Ensure in particular the planning, proper implementation and evaluation of all project components of the project.
Ensure the development of initiatives and strategies to ensure a good fit with the humanitarian context and the effective and efficient implementation of activities of all project components;
Ensure full participation of stakeholders in all stages of the Project and maintain good relations between them;
Conduct visits, host communities and partners to monitor and supervise the implementation of project activities;
Organize the meetings of the project team, validate the reports and action plans of the different components of the project;
Animate, supervise and monitor the Project team and ensure capacity building as needed;
Write and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly Project reports in a timely manner, as well as any useful reports requested by the supervisor and the donor;
Organize monthly project management meetings with the team and quarterly progress meetings with donors, beneficiaries and partners;
Facilitate the evaluation of the project according to the principles and procedures of the donors;
Ensure that the results of evaluations and recommendations from management and partners are taken into account in the implementation of the Project;