Over the past 40 years, MCD Global Health (MCD) has worked to strengthen health systems through integrated, sustainable and locally driven interventions across several public health sectors. MCD collaborates with donors, national governments, the private sector, health agencies, communities and local stakeholders to improve health and save lives in the following areas: water, sanitation, and hygiene; malaria control; maternal, neonatal and child health; tuberculosis; HIV/AIDS; Zika; and other communicable diseases.
MCI is currently seeking candidates to serve as the Director of Finance and Operations for the anticipated, five-year USAID-funded Cameroon President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) Bilateral Project. The Project seeks to improve access to timely, quality, and well-documented malaria testing and treatment by providing community health workers with training and supervision to provide quality, effective care.
The Director of Finance and Operations would be responsible for all Project operational, financial and sub-grants management, and for ensuring that financial operations are in compliance with USAID regulations.
This is a key position on the project team and is contingent upon award to MCD.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop and implement financial and operational process improvement plans to improve value for money and efficiency;
• Responsible for ensuring that adequate financial management systems are in place and functioning;
• Work in close collaboration with the Chief of Party (COP) on all Project financial planning and management, and operations to ensure the achievement of expected Project results and objectives, and in compliance with USAID rules and regulations;
• Maintain transparent financial and reporting procedures and effective operation of financial controls;
• Assume responsibility for record-keeping, financial functions and internal control systems;
• Provide concise and timely financial reports that will give an overview of the financial status of the award;
• Manage Project start-up and close out, and support annual work planning and budgeting processes;
• Track and oversee personnel record keeping for MCD staff including time and attendance reporting, vacation and leave management;
• Oversee project logistics and procurement of local goods and services, including procurement specifications, delivery schedules, etc.
• Ensure adequate safety and security protocols and services for project staff;
• Oversee project vehicle fleet management and maintenance;
• Ensure the IT infrastructure of the Project office is maintained and supported.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, accounting, or a closely related field plus extensive professional experience; Master’s degree preferred;
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in accounting and/or administrative roles with at least 8 years of experience as a senior finance and administration manager for donor-funded global health and/or international development projects;
• Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets ($25MM-$50MM);
• Demonstrated understanding of USAID administrative, management, and reporting policies, procedures and systems including 2CFR 200;
• Demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a team who is spread out geographically;
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and eager to work in a multicultural organization;
• Familiarity with Cameroon labor laws and regulations required;
• Expert computer skills in Microsoft Office and accounting software;
• Full professional proficiency in English and French;
• Priority will be given to qualified Cameroonian nationals.
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon Schedule: Full-time Grade 11