As part of the implementation of its activities in Cameroon, the International NGO Safety Organization (INSO) is looking for an Assistant Safety Advisor (ASA) who will be based in Bamenda.
Availability: August 2022
Presentation of the NGO:
International NGO Safety Organization (INSO) is an international non governement organization that supports humanitarian access for humanitarian NGOs by providing reliable and objective, real-time analysis of local conditions relevant to humanitarian access. INSO improves the sharing of information and contribute to the coordination between NGOs for the collective interest while preserving the neutrality of humanitarian aid. INSO works particularly on issues of humanitarian access, good information monitoring practices. INSO provides alerts and recommendations, analyses, precise contextual data, statistics, maps. INSO contribute to trainings of NGO staff in practical matters related to safety.
The ASA work with the Deputy Safety Advisor (DSA) and the Safety Advisor (SA) by collecting and verifying safety information in the North-West Region of Cameroon, as well as contributing to various INSO reporting.
- Participate in the collection and verification of security information.
- Liaise closely with NGOs, UN, local authorities and others to obtain relevant background information for NGO use.
- In collaboration with other colleagues, monitor and guide INSO field monitors
- Monitor the media to gather relevant information for use by NGOs
- Contribute to writing security reports and threat warnings in conjunction with the SA or DSA
- Organize regular field visits to develop local expertise in the context
- Work to develop a source network outside of the FM (Field monitors) and NGO community
Contribute to the provision of other regular INSO services
- After verifying information from multiple sources, produce comprehensive daily and weekly incident lists to send to SA and DSA
- Check the database every time it has been updated by the Info team in Yaounde to ensure that no errors have occurred,
- Support rapid information gathering for alerts and reports
- Lead the writing of PowerPoint presentations during roundtables
Contribute to the provision of other INSO request services
- Provide input to site security review as requested by NGOs and in conjunction with the SA and DSA.
- Proactively respond to any relevant security NGO request for information
- Support in times of crisis, on request, in close collaboration with the SA and the DSA in terms of information management,
Comply with INSO security policies and procedures.
- Fully comply with INSO policy guidelines.
- Observe and maintain the confidentiality and security of all NGO information.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality and security of all documentation/procedures as defined by INSO
Adopt a professional conduct and a positive attitude
- Other duties may be requested and should be performed diligently
- Effectively manage your time in the office.
- Be sure to create a positive working atmosphere by reinforcing a cordial working relationship.
- Advanced Level + 2 years in law, journalism, communication, political science, history, or any other equivalent diploma
- At least three years of professional experience in security management with international or local NGO, UN agencies or other international organizations, or as a data entry analyst,
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English and knowledge of French as well as at least one of the local languages ??relevant to North-West Cameroon.
- A good understanding of NGO approaches to security
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain working relationships with key security interlocutors in the Northern region.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Windows and Office programs
- Cameroonian nationality
Key skills :
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work in a multicultural environment,
- High level of confidentiality and integrity,
- Experience working under high pressure, fast paced environments,
- Great sense of organization able to manage several priorities independently,
- Strong data management skills,
INSO Safeguard Policy
INSO is fully committed to the safe recruitment, screening and vetting of all potential new employees, directors and volunteers and we will ensure strict adherence to our Code of Conduct and Protection Policy throughout the recruitment process. As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
- All offers of employment will be conditional on obtaining at least two satisfactory professional references.
- INSO will ask applicants about significant gaps in work history or frequent changes of employer and address.
- All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified.
- The successful candidate must provide a valid identity document (passport, identity card).
- All new recruits will receive orientation on INSO’s Safeguard Policy and Procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblower, etc.).
- All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
Submission of applications
Application files (Letter of motivation, detailed CV, reference of at least 3 people) must be sent to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org with the mention of the subject of the e-mail “Recruitment Assistant Safety Advisor » and mention the city.
Deadline for submitting applications: August 12th, 2022, at 3:00 p.m.
Note: It should be noted that applications will be processed spontaneously after receipt, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback to all applicants.