UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
As focal point of administrative management services in a Yaoundé country office, he/she will provide guidance for operations of administrative support services and management of administrative staff and deliver efficient and cost-effective administrative support services.
How can you make a difference?
1. Appropriate interpretation and application of administrative policy and procedures are timely implemented to support operations at the country and sub-country levels.
2. The budget preparation and implementation are properly administered, monitored and controlled in the area of administrative management and services.
3. Management and operations of delivery and improvement in administrative support services are timely and effectively provided, and security arrangements are well established for enhanced safety and security.
4. Property management of administrative supplies, office equipment, vehicles and other properties are effectively performed.
5. All administrative transactions and arrangements of contracts satisfy the requirements as stipulated and are in compliance with the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
6. Staff capacity is enhanced through active staff learning/development programmes in the area of administrative management and services.
7. Effective working relations are maintained with other agencies, local authorities and implementing partners.
8. Any other assigned administrative management responsibilities and services are effectively carried out and delivered.
For more details, please click here: Administrative Officer Level 2.doc
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
University degree in social sciences, business management, administration, finance or any other relevant field of discipline.
Two years of relevant professional work experience with both national and International work experience in office management, administration, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply or any other relevant function.
Work experience in emergency duty station.
Fluency in French and English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others and (8) Nurtures, leads and manages people.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable are encouraged to apply.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.