DESCRIPTION OF THE OFFER
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE INTERNAL/EXTERNAL RECRUITMENT OF AN ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCIAL EXPERT FOR THE PROJECT – FAMILY PLANNING AND HEALTH SYSTEM SUPPORT FOR RESILIENCE IN CAMEROON (ProPASSaR) IN YAOUNDE.
The Pro-PASSaR (Project – Family Planning and Support to the Health System for Resilience in Cameroon) is a German Technical Cooperation (GIZ) project. It supports the Ministry of Public Health of Cameroon in its efforts towards the establishment of Universal Health Coverage in the country, this by improving access to services in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights for the population of the target regions (North-West, South-West, Littoral, West, Adamaoua).
The Pro-PASSaR/GIZ is in line with the orientations of the new National Development Strategy 2020-2030 for the structural transformation and inclusive development of Cameroon through actions related to the Development of Human Capital and well-being, in particular by strengthening the health system, improving the quality of health services and implementing a human rights-based approach by integrating the promotion of gender, diversity and equity.
With a view to strengthening Cameroon’s progress in the fight against HIV, Tuberculosis and Malaria compared to the targets and milestones set at the global level, the country has formulated a request for funding from the Global Fund (GF) for the period 2021 -2023 (New Funding Model -NFM3) with ambitious objectives in terms of diagnosis, care and prevention. With its proven experience in the implementation of projects relating to human rights and the strengthening of the health system, GIZ works alongside the National Tuberculosis Control Program (PNLT) as a Sub-Recipient.
To support the implementation and monitoring of related activities, GIZ/Pro-PASSaR is looking for an Administrative and Financial Expert for co-financing .
B. AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY & ATTRIBUTIONS
The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Administrative and Financial Manager. He/she will be in charge of:
Financial control for co-financed projects:
- Ensure regular financial monitoring of budgets and provide regular information on discrepancies;
- Check the accuracy of the pre-coding (according to Products and Outputs) as well as the allocation of all supporting documents (invoices, travel expense accounts / workshop payment statements / consultation contracts, purchases, etc.) of the project ;
- Check the accuracy of the coding and imputation after accounting of supporting documents by the Regional Office;
- Make corrections to software and, if necessary, prepare requests for corrections to be sent to the Regional Office;
- Proceed with the reimputation of supporting documents not yet distributed between products/outputs;
- Prepare monthly / quarterly / final financial reports according to the expectations of co-financing partners;
- Ensure regular coaching of colleagues (technicians and administrative staff) on the proper coding of service requests;
- Ensure the financial monitoring of co-financing expenses;
- Systematically report on issues related to financial management and financial reporting for co-financed projects;
- Perform other duties as instructed by superiors.
- He/she will also be responsible for supporting the RAF on all tasks relating to the administrative and financial management of ProPASSaR and co-funding.
Finance and accounting :
- Assist in preparing project budget planning;
- Monitor monthly accounting and financial plans for projects;
- Verify monthly project fund requests for projects prior to release;
- Participate in financial management, in particular the entry of supporting documents in the TOMPRO and WINPACCS software;
- Participate in the process of accounting closures and transmission of supporting documents;
- Support the RAF on administrative and financial matters;
- File documents in reference folders or in the DMS according to GIZ filing rules.
C. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Hold at least Bac + 4/5 in Accounting, Finance, Management Control, Audit or other equivalent diploma.
Professional experience :
Have at least 4 years of experience in a similar position preferably in a project co-financed by the Global Fund.
- Have good communication skills and good computer skills; Office package software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook);
- Mastery of financial management/monitoring software;
- Having used WINPACCS, CASHBOOK, SAP, TOMPRO software would be an asset;
- Have a good knowledge of co-financing procedures/rules;
- Have a good experience in the management of Global Fund programs;
- Have good synthesis and analysis skills (work oriented towards quality and results);
- Have a team spirit and a constructive attitude in the event of difficulties or conflicts;
- Be proactive and quick to optimize work;
- Have a quick learning and adaptability;
- Be able to work under pressure and in a multicultural team;
- Demonstrate rigor, integrity and irreproachable probity;
- Be organized and able to work independently;
- Be open to criticism and recommendations for improvement;
- Have a good sense of work organization and respect of deadlines;
- Mastery of the French language and/or the English language. Knowledge of German would be an asset.
Availability date: 01.10.2022
Deadline for admissibility of application files: 05.09.2022
Contract period: Until 31.12.2023 (CDD renewable)
Duty station: Yaoundé
Internal classification of the position: Band 4A / under the hierarchical supervision of the Administrative and Financial Manager of ProPASSaR .
Composition (required) of application files : Cover letter, CV (2 pages max) and 03 professional references.
Submission of applications: All applications will only be received on our career site, via the e-recruiting platform accessible through the link: https://gizkamerun.jobs.net/fr-FR/job/expert-e-administratif-ve-et-financier-e-h-f/J3W1KL67NBNFLRBPYH8.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged !
NB : Recruitment at GIZ is not subject to any fees or mediation. Any fraudulent information detected will lead to the elimination of the application from the current recruitment process and those to come. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Applications not selected will be destroyed six months after the date of publication.