INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people**.**
Terms of reference
Job Title: West Africa Programme Support
Duty station: Home-Based
Starting date: 04/12/2023
Contract duration: 3 months
Reporting to: Deputy Regional Director West Africa
Type of duty station: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is an International Humanitarian Organisation with its HQ in Rome, branch offices in Tunis,Nairobi and Amman and representation offices in Geneva and Dakar. The organisational structure comprises the General Secretariat, the Departments of Programmes, Finance, Logistics & Supply, Communications & Fundraising and Human Resources, the Grants Control & Compliance Unit and the office of Internal Auditor. INTERSOS is operational in 23 countries with over 3,000 among national and international staff worldwide.
INTERSOS assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts, exclusion and extreme vulnerability. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
The Department of Programmes is led by the Director of Programmes and includes four Regional
Directors, the Protection unit, the Medical Unit and the Emergency Unit.
General purpose of the position
The Programme Support West Africa is supervised by the West Africa Deputy Regional Director of the region to which he/she is assigned.
By delegation of the latter, he / she interacts with the missions on the one hand, the various departments and units at Headquarters on the other hand, to support and control the development of project proposals, ongoing projects’ amendments, partnership agreements, and internal and external Reports according to the master plan applicable to each mission, following the regional action plan and in accordance with the organization’s mandate and its internal model, as well respecting contractual requirements.
The Programme Support West Africa has for main responsibility:
Supporting the missions in drafting and formulating project proposals and project revisions, under the supervision and validation of the DRD, and coordinating closely with the Regional Financial Coordinator.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Participation in the development of project reporting, project proposals and revisions during the given periodHe / She ensures that the formats used for project proposals comply with official donor formats and prepares internal tools as needed with the support of Grant Unit and Regional Finance CoordinatorHe / She leads and supports the drafting of project proposals and related annexes, ongoing projects amendment requests, and preparation of all the documents intended for donors (Expression of Interest, HR and financial logistics appendices, etc.) under the supervision of the Deputy Regional Director and with the contributions of the people concerned (Medical and Protection Units, Grant Unit, logistics, finance and HR), coordinating particularly with the Regional team (including Finance and Logistics) for setting and following up internal deadlines, consolidation and validation of documents and submission to Grant Unit when applicable
In collaboration with the logistics, HR and financial teams at headquarters, coordinating closely, in particular, with the Regional Financial Coordinator:
- He/She coordinates the development of budgets for new project proposals (see Areas of Responsibility – annex 1) to ensure their consistency with the narrative parts
- He/She supports the proposal writing process of all DG ECHO submissions in the West Africa Region, and supports the Niger mission and the Cameroon mission in the project development exercise for the entire duration of the collaboration.
- He/She supports the reporting process for the four BHA Active projects in Chad, Cameroon, Nigeria and Burkina Faso.
- He/She consolidates a training package for DG ECHO proposal writing and submissions.
Required profile and experience
BA in relevant field, Master in Business Administration or equivalent
5+ years in SMT Programme Management positions or equivalent
- Experience in setting up new projects and programmes and of developing and implementing departmental and organisational strategies
- Experience of planning, budgeting and executing complex strategies
- Experience in managing medical, protection and interdepartmental technical
- Strategic vision
- Leadership, people management and development
- Planning and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Negotiation and networking skills
- Behavioural flexibility
- Innovation and creativity
- Decision making and influence
- Communication skills written and oral
- Excellent budget/financial management skills
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
Fluent in English and French
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password and citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references: two line managers and one HR referent. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.