This is a Professional contract, Grade 9 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 9 (NRC) contracts.
NRC in Cameroun
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) started operating in the Far North region in 2017 and in the North West and South West regions since August 2018 to provide life-saving assistance to vulnerable populations. In May 2019, NRC started operating in the East region with an ICLA project. In the Far North and the North West and South West Regions, NRC is implementing the following core competencies(cc):
- Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA),
- Livelihoods and Food security (LFS),
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Shelter Programme Development Manager(PDM) is to be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of a Shelter programme in a start-up operation. While not considered a start-up, NRC Cameroon has not moved to a structure with CC Specialists. Part of the role of the PDM is to advise on when/if such a switch is possible, and under which circumstances.
The Shelter PDM has national coverage and is responsible for the programme direction, implementation, and quality across the three crises NRC Cameroon is responding to: Far North region, Northwest and Southwest regions, and the East.
The following is a brief description of the role.
- Develop and plan procedures and tools for implementation of Shelter projects in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements
- Identify trends in conditions/standards and donor priorities and assess better ways to assist
- Monitor the Shelter projects and ensure high technical quality and synergies
- Monitor technical quality of Shelter projects and maintain transparency of implementation progress
- Scale up and diversify Shelter operational capacity (recruitment & capacity development)
- Promote the rights of people affected by displacement and explore, assess, and promote new and better ways to provide assistance
- Support and integrate Safe Programming and advocacy priorities into Shelter programme design
- Contribute to promoting integrated programming with other Core Competencies (cc) through systematic planning/cooperation with other CC PDMs
- Contribute programme suggestions to promote durable solutions
- Be actively involved with the Shelter working groups / Cluster (national and area level)
- Strategy and project planning: Head of Programme in Yaoundé, other PDMs
- Area operations: Area Managers in NW-SW and Far North
- Shelter Cluster at area and national level
- WASH PDM for matrix management of Shelter-WASH teams
- Education PDM for Shelter activities and learning environments
- ICLA PDM for HLP due diligence in Shelter programming
- LFS PDM for rapid response programming
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Emergency & protracted crisis Shelter assistance in rural and urban contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Working proficiency, both written and verbal, in both English and French
- Knowledge of Cameroon is an advantage
- Implementation of Cash and Voucher approaches to support shelter outcomes
- Experience with shelter interventions for the private rental market in urban and peri-urban areas
- Livelihood and Market based approaches
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated experience with use of log frames and theory of changes.
- Behavioural competencies: Managing resources to optimize results; Empowering and building trust
Find link for more details JD-Shelter Programme Development Manager Cameroon Buea Revised.docx
Publication closing date: Monday 22nd August 2022
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- 12months contract with possibility of extension
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
**Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application**