The African Initiatives for Relief and Development (AIRD) is a non-political, non-religious and non-profit making NGO with Country Program Offices in Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Liberia, Niger, Tanzania, and Uganda. AIRD registration in South Sudan was recently finalized. AIRD’s objective is to offer operational technical support, including but not limited to: supply chain, logistics and infrastructure in partnership with relief and development organizations that focus on disaster-affected, poverty-infested and development oriented areas. AIRD delivers for and through partners including but not limited to UN Agencies, international and national donor organizations and governments.
AIRD now seeks to recruit a qualified and motivated Repatriation Coordinator to be based in Bujumbura, Burundi.
The Repatriation Coordinator will implement the voluntary repatriation programme, in compliance with requisite standard operating procedures. S/he should contribute to ensuring that all repatriation movements respect the principle of voluntariness and in safety and dignity, with the full participation and support of persons and communities of concern. He will also supervise the purchasing section and the follow-up on logistical activities as defined in accordance with the SOPs.
1. General Duties
- Be the UNHCR-AIRD focal point for all repatriation activities (communication, meetings, reports, convoy planning, monitoring and evaluation of activities).
- Follow up on repatriation budget expenses as a budget holder and make available periodic consumption report(burning rate) and share with to key stakeholders
- In collaboration with the Department, serve as a focal point with stakeholders including service providers etc.
- Supervise the procurement of program deliverables in compliance with AIRD procedures.
- Ensure that procedures for transport and property management are well applied in all the sites.
- Monitor and periodically compile inventory reports
- Receive; analyze and compile site reports related to the repatriation domain and periodically update the data related to its domain.
- Assess needs and improved practices in all areas of the repatriation operation.
- Support on the performance at all transit centers.
- Ensure standardization of repatriation practices at all sites.
- Archive service data.
- Participate in the capacity building for transit center staff.
- Ensure compliance with AIRD standard procedures relating to the position.
- Manage and assess repatriation officials from the various logistics bases.
- Carry out any other task entrusted to him by his line manager
- Country Program Director
- Community Leaders, Government Officials
- Partners, Government authorities
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Bachelors or Social Science or related qualification.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of field experience community or repatriation activities.
- Proficiency to use MS Office suite of application and other IT systems.
- Ability to write clearly articulate proposals, reports and correspondence.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills is necessary along with capacity to identify and articulate potential problems and provide possible solutions in concise and clear manner
- Experience working with international development partners, international nongovernmental organization (INGOs) and donors (in particular UNHCR experience) is an asset
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of program management
- Knowledge of donor groups and/or issues related to the program area
How to apply
Applications clearly indicating ‘Repatriation Coordinator’’ in the subject line may be sent to email@example.com latest 5th August 2022