The NRC Central and West Africa region(CWARO) is composed of country offices in Burkina Faso/Niger, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mali, and Nigeria, with an overall budget of approximately 100 million USD and 1,500 dedicated colleagues. All countries are experiencing varying levels of deterioration of the security situation, increasing humanitarian needs and displacements due to conflict increasingly impacted by climate change. Across the region new displacements occur alongside secondary displacements of people who are trying to return home, but often find themselves unable to return to their place of origin. While protracted displacement features heavily in the region, there are also opportunities for local integration and return
NRC’s programmes and advocacy support families affected by conflict in – Education, Livelihoods and Food Security, Legal Assistance (ICLA), Protection, Shelter and Settlements, and WASH.
1. Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Regional Roving Finance Manager is to be responsible that the financial set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation. The employee is personally responsible of ensuring access to documents including NRC handbooks and guidelines on intranet, and other information necessary to the position.
Specific roles and responsibilities will be clarified and documented in a pre-agreed Deployment Terms of Reference (ToR). This ToR will be agreed in advance of deployment by the Head of Finance and the Country Director concerned. During deployment, the Regional Roving Finance Manager reports to the Country Director who assumes responsibility for safety and security, as well as full managerial responsibility for the delivery of the results laid out in the ToR.
Responsibilities for Deployments as Acting FM
- Ensure that country set ups adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures
- Provide input on operational support in proposal development and project implementation
- Facilitate the Master Budget and BPO development
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
- Management of financial team
- Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities and tools
- Support budget holders on the budgeting process and prepare donors financial reports on due time
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Conduct routine field visits to monitor compliance of internal control and financial systems
- Implementing and following up on audits and evaluations findings for the smooth running of the country Office
- Implement anti-corruption policy
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Any other task included in Deployment ToRs
Responsibilities for Deployments when the FM is Present
- Deliver trainings, including coaching of finance staff on NRC’s finance policy, systems, tools
- Deliver training on anti-corruption guidelines.
- Act as in-country mentor and trainer to FM.
- Provide technical support and advise on NRC Financial Handbook, guidelines and tools.
- Provide coherent and coordinated feedback to Regional Office management in regards to the needs and challenges of finance units within the region.
- Facilitate and promote the sharing of best practices and positive deviance behaviors identified in successful country operations.
- Provide support to FM and CD when a country program requires additional external support i.e. during start-up, emergency response phases of operation and closing down of a country office.
- Train and accompany regional and country teams on the Fair Share Model system and tools
- Performing and following up on any other duties assigned by line manager
- Global Finance Unit
- Regional Head of Finance, Controllers
- Regional Program, Logistics, Compliance and HR Advisers
- Finance Managers, coordinators, officers and assistants
- Head of Supports, HR, Logistics
- Head of Programs, Area Managers, PDMs,
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a senior Financial Manager
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in French and English
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Initiating action and change
- Communicating with impact and respect
Find more details JD_Regional Roving Finance Manager.docx
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
- Grade 9 in NRC’s grade structure
**We are seeking 2 profiles for this role**
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
**Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application**