The Central and West Africa Regional Office (CWARO) located in Dakar, Senegal, supports and provides oversight to NRC’s country programs in Burkina Faso, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali, Niger, and Nigeria. All countries are experiencing a deterioration of the security situation, increasing humanitarian needs and growing displacements due to conflict and climate change. NRC’s programs and advocacy support families affected by conflict in the sectors of Shelter, Food Security and Livelihoods, Education, Water and Sanitation, Camp Management, Protection, and Legal Assistance. NRC has over 1,600 employees working on the NRC regional response.
1. Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Regional Controller position is to support the country offices in the implementation of Finance in accordance with NRC policies and procedures. The Regional Controller can also on behalf of the Regional Head of Finance perform quality and compliance control.
The employee is responsible for ensuring access to documents including NRC handbooks and guidelines on the intranet, and other information necessary to the position.
The following is a brief description of the role.
- Ensure that country set-ups adhere to the Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor, and auditor requirements by conducting routine country field visits and monitoring NRC structures’ compliance with internal financial systems
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines, procedures, and initiatives
- Provide technical input and advice on NRC Financial Handbook, guidelines, and tools
- Contribute to the development of countries’ procedures and SOPs when necessary
- Provide input on operational financial support in proposal development and project implementation
- Implement and follow up on audits and evaluation findings in support of the smooth running of the Country Office
- Deliver training, including coaching of CWA finance staff, on NRC’s finance policy, systems, tools
- Deliver training on anti-corruption guidelines and support COs in investigation processes when needed
- Provide coherent and coordinated feedback to Regional Office management about the needs and challenges of finance units within the region
- Organize regular meetings with COs Finance Managers and contribute to adapting NRC standards to the local context
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a senior Financial Manager
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in English, proficiency in French
- Behavioral competencies: Planning and delivering results; Analyzing; Handling insecure environments; Working with people; Communicating with impact and respect; Coping with change
Find full job description JD _Regional Finance Controller CWA.pdf
Publication closing date: 10th December 2023
What we offer
- Duration – 12months with possibility of extension
- Grade 9 in NRC’s Salary Scale
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
**Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your experience in your application**
Kindly send any questions that you may have in relation to the application process to: email@example.com. Applications sent via email will not be accepted. Please check your application status on your NRC application profile