The Central and West Africa Regional Office (CWARO) located in Dakar, Senegal, supports and provides oversight to NRC’s country programmes in Burkina Faso, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali, Niger, and Nigeria. All countries are experiencing a deterioration of the security situation, increasing humanitarian needs and growing displacements due to conflict and climate change. NRC’s programmes and advocacy support families affected by conflict in the shelter, food security and livelihoods, education, water and sanitation, camp management, protection and legal assistance sectors. NRC has over 1,300 employees working on the NRC regional response.
The purpose of the Regional Finance Controller is to ensure that the financial set up is according to NRC standards and to support programme/project implementation. Some of the roles and responsibilities include :-
What You Will Do –
- Ensure that country set ups adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines, procedures and initiatives
- Provide input on operational support in proposal development and project implementation
- Conduct routine country field visits to monitor compliance of internal control and financial systems
- Implementing and following up on audits and evaluations findings for the smooth running of the country Office
- Provide technical support and advice on NRC Financial Handbook, guidelines and tools.
- Deliver trainings, including coaching of finance staff on NRC’s finance policy, systems, tools
- Deliver training on anti-corruption guidelines and support Country Offices (COs) on investigations when needed.
- Provide coherent and coordinated feedback to Regional Office management in regards to the needs and challenges of finance units within the region.
- Provide regular Finance analysis and reports
- Organize regular meetings with COs finance managers and contribute to adapt NRC standards to the local contex
What You Will Bring –
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a senior Financial Manager
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in French and English
Find link for more details – Job description_Regional Finance Controller (national).docx
Publication closing on July 25th 2022
Start Date August 29th
What We Offer –
- open – ended contract
- Grade 9 step 3 in NRC’s grade structure
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
**Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application**