The NRC Central and West Africa region (CWARO) is composed of country offices in Burkina Faso/Niger, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mali, and Nigeria, with an overall budget of approximately 100 million USD and 1,500 dedicated colleagues. All countries are experiencing varying levels of deterioration of the security situation, increasing humanitarian needs and displacements due to conflict increasingly impacted by climate change. Across the region, new displacements occur alongside secondary displacements of people who are trying to return home, but often find themselves unable to return to their place of origin. While protracted displacement features heavily in the region, there are also opportunities for local integration and return
NRC’s programmes and advocacy support families affected by conflict in – Education, Livelihoods and Food Security, Legal Assistance (ICLA), Protection, Shelter and Settlements, and WASH.
The Regional Agresso Systems Adviser reports directly to the Regional Support Director and is part of the Regional Support Department. The Regional Support Department based in Dakar and managed by the Regional Support Director, is responsible for the strategic development and capacity of Finance, HR, Logistics, ICT, Systems and administration functions in the region promoting learning and cost conscious culture. The Regional Support Department is also involved in maximizing the support and the development of Country Offices (COs) as well as exploring and creating synergies among COs. The Regional Support Department is focused on policies, guidance & procedures, evidence and learning, capacity building.
1. Role and responsibilities
As the Regional Agresso Systems Adviser, you will be responsible for ensuring access to documents including NRC handbooks and guidelines on intranet, and other information necessary to the post.
You will also be responsible for coordinating and providing technical Agresso Unit4, NRC People and other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) support in the region. Some of your responsibilities include:
- Facilitating access to tools , templates for budget development , implementation ,monitoring and all other NRC resources platforms ( Websites and systems)
- Responsible for monitoring and follow up databases of personnel access to Agresso and NRC resources platforms
- Responsible for the development and roll out of Agresso modules, Payroll System in the COs of CWA region
- Coordinating and providing support for the Agresso procurement and Agresso salary modules in the COs of the region
- Coordinating and supporting countries across the region to ensure that Agresso data cleaning is done regularly
- Initiating and developing SOPs that can facilitate Agresso procurement and other Agresso tools (Agresso payroll, Excelerator, ….) dissemination in the region
- Contribute for developing training kits for Agresso users including audio-visual training methods.
- Providing training of Agresso, NRC People and Excel to staff in region and (when relevant) support the recruitment and/or on-boarding systems technical need.
- Working with Logistics, Finance and HR staff in the region to enable them to provide Agresso, NRC People and Excel support as well as assist with planning, budgeting, HR payroll management and procurement as per NRC standards.
- Contributing to enhance cost efficiency and effective implementation of Agresso and support the continuation minimum required standard across the countries in the CWA region
- Developing work plan and objectives for own area of responsibility
- Assisting with any other duties assigned by supervisor, as and when required
- Frequent travel to the field to support COs
- Minimum 3 years of experience on position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Relevant university degree ,preferably business administration/financial management
- Professional knowledge and use of Agresso System
- Technical ICT or ERP management skills
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in French and English working proficiency, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the Central and West Africa humanitarian context
- Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major issue
- Knowledge of NRCs Administrative guidelines and way of functioning
- Experience of ERPs management and Systems in general
- Experience of MS Office (Advanced level of MS Excel) and solid experience of work with Windows based software and modern accounting systems
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Coping with change
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
Find more details – JD _CWA Regional Agresso Systems Adviser – Final.doc
Publication Closing 5th October 2022
3. What We Offer
- 24 months contract
- Grade 9 in NRC’s grade structure
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
** Senegalese National Only**
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
**Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application**