Catholic Relief Services a Development Organization is seeking a qualified, experienced, and highly motivated Program Manager I, ALLRight, in charge of managing the Advancing Local Leadership in the Right Way (ALLRight) Program, which seeks to support the National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (NECC) to become a leading organization for humanitarian and development programming in Cameroon. You will work closely with the Head of Programming to strengthen the capacity of NECC through institutional strengthening, staff capacity building, and accompaniment to ensure that the organization has the operational and technical systems and staff in place to implement high quality projects that are responsive to humanitarian and development donor requirements and priorities.
The position is based in based in Yaoundé
- Manage and implement all activities throughout relevant project cycles – project design, start-up, implementation, and close-out – to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Ensure in-country project and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
- Provide strategic leadership in the development, identification and dissemination of standardized approaches and best practices to implement the capacity strengthening strategy of the project. Coordinate the identification of technical assistance needs of partner organizations and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Work with staff of relevant program, finance and operations sectors, to develop/adapt and provide training, tools, etc. for targeted partner staff. Develop/adapt, provide and/or oversee technical assistance activities with partners, including accompaniment and mentoring.
- Ensure the effective sharing of information, including key decisions, status updates, successes and challenges, with the appropriate people within CRS and partners (in keeping with situational demands and the requirements of established agreements).
- Ensure appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Champion learning with project staff and partner teams. Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy. Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project needs. Through planning and oversight, ensure efficient use of project resources.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or related field required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
- Experience collaborating or working with local development or humanitarian actors, with specific experience strengthening the capacity of local/national organizations required.
- Project management experience in HIV programming and experience with USAID and PEPFAR is highly desirable.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Strong written and spoken French and English required.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings.
- Independent work ethic and ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
- Knowledge of and/or experience using adult learning approaches.
Required Travel: Must be willing and able to travel up to 20% of the time.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply
Application files including Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded to:
The Resident Representative
PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon or by email to: [email protected] specifying “Program Manager I” in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: November 22nd, 2022, at 4:30 pm
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
This position is a local position and only open for National Cameroonians in country.
Females’ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that this organization requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the agency Safeguarding Policy.