Catholic Relief Services a Development Organization is seeking a qualified, experienced, and highly motivated Operations Manager for KIDSS/ ALLRight. He/she will manage and/or coordinate operational functions of the KIDSS project -Human Resources (HR), Logistics, Procurement, Administration, Fleet, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Audit – under the direction of the COP for KIDSS and in close collaboration with the Country Program Operations Units, in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. Following the closeout of KIDSS, you will be implementing activities in line with the program plan that advances NECC’s capacity strengthening for NECC to better serve the poor and vulnerable in Cameroon. Your skills and knowledge will ensure that ALLRight delivers high-quality operational support with a lasting impact on NECC’s leadership capacity. You will promote stewardship of resources, help ensure principled compliance, proactively identify risk issues, and under supervision lead operational improvements.
The position is based in based in Yaoundé
- Manage or coordinate operations functions – systems, processes, and staffing – that meet CRS’ standards, donor requirements, and local regulations and support high-quality programming. Collaborate with programming leads to ensure appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and proper stewardship of material sources.
- Provide capacity strengthening and support to partners in the area of Operations management. Support the partner in conducting monitoring visits of their sub-recipients. Mentor and assist partner in a collaborative fashion to strengthen institutional capacity in operations, including in finance, procurement, property management, logistics and human resources. Conduct formal and information training with partner. Work with other CRS staff to address partner challenges.
- Coordinate and monitor day-to-day operations to ensure support services are delivered with high-quality in an efficient manner. Identify and help address challenges that affect the proper stewardship and optimal utilization of program assets and resources (financial, human, and material). Proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
- Ensure that the project’s financial accounting environment is in compliance with CRS’ policies and procedures, donors’ rules and regulations and legal requirements.
- Effectively manage talent. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and provide input on performance management for indirect reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high-quality programming.
- Provide guidance of internal processes for approving expenses, monitoring spending, and making budget adjustments in line with operational and programmatic needs and with donor requirements.
- Contribute to effective staffing of CP and partner needs and adherence to HR systems, policies and practices that support a high-performance culture, staff development and retention. Help assure quality personnel administration and a work environment that truly reflects the agency’s guiding principles.
- Coordinate compliance with agency and donor requirements and local laws and regulations through periodic systems checks, review and assessment of operations policies and procedures. Coordinate response to issues that emerge from internal and external audits and provide guidance to implement improvements.
- Help maintain the proper conditions for learning – a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Identify capacity strengthening needs and provide guidance for project teams and partners, which includes cross-departmental learning.
- Coordinate the Key Interventions to Develop Systems and Services for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (KIDSS) project close out process in collaboration with programming and operations teams, under the supervision of the Chief of Party.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in finance, human resources, logistics, or administration officer/support level position with progressive responsibilities.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience; additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
- Management experience a plus. Experience with an NGO preferred.
- Understanding of financial systems, including budgeting and budget/expense analysis experience preferred. Knowledge of Insight software or similar financial reporting software a plus.
- Knowledge of multiple public donors’ regulations, including USAID, a plus.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment a preferred.
- Fluency in French and Professional Proficiency in English.
- Good strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Good relations management abilities. Ability to work collaboratively
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented
- Knowledge of and/or experience using adult learning approaches.
Required Travel: Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply
Application files including Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded to:
The Resident Representative
PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon or by email to: [email protected] specifying “**Operations Manager for KIDSS/ALLRight “**in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: November 27th, 2022, at 23:59 pm
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
This position is a local position and only open for National Cameroonians in country.
Females’ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that this organization requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the agency Safeguarding Policy.