Overview of the post
The Supply Chain Officer Officer will work under the supervision of the Supply Chain Manager and should be a key member of the team able to assist in the ongoing development of the team. He/she will be responsible for the integrity of the supply chain system. The supply chain must be able to respond quickly to programs and operational needs, while ensuring best practices compliance with standards and procedures while producing quality documentation
The position is based in Bamenda, NW Region with travel to program intervention areas
Under the supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain Officer is responsible for supporting effectively the various programs in the implementation of humanitarian assistance projects and the supervision of the activities placed under his/her responsibility through the purchase of goods and quality services, the good management of goods and equipment.
Supply Chain activities: He/she shall:
– Become familiar with the IRC Supply Chain Handbook and comply with the rules and procedures set out in the IRC Handbook. – Ensure that all supplies comply with IRC procedures and rules. – Produce and submit various required reports on time with care and quality.
Purchases of goods and services: – Respect and ensure compliance with the purchasing policies and procedures put in place by IRC;Check that all purchase requests received by logistics for execution are detailed, precise and signed by the heads of departments or programs and achievable – within the deadlines set by the requester and, if not, inform the requester upon receipt of the possible delay execution of the PR; – Ensure sharing of the PRTS on a weekly basis on Fridays at 11:00 a.m. maximum to their direct supervisor; – Participate as a specialist in the opening sessions for supplier quotations with the selection committee; – Analyze offers (bid analysis) of offers and propose the best offers taking into account mainly the quality/price ratio, availability and delivery times; – Prepare the necessary documentation (purchase orders/contracts, etc.) before their signature by the authorized personnel; – Ensure good relations with suppliers; – Ensure that the purchases made comply with the purchase requests in terms of quantity, quality, technical characteristics and specifications of the equipment or service while respecting the planned budget; – Produce purchasing documents and ensure their approval according to IRC procedures – compile a file for any purchase requested and ensure that it is properly filed in accordance with the IRC Logistics Manual; – Establish and update the purchasing catalog quarterly for each commonly purchased item; – Establish and update a database of IRC vendors – verified, authorized or contracted vendors; – Ensure compliance with the delivery deadline agreed with the supplier and transmit the delivery date to the stock for follow-up, in the event of a delay, immediately notify the applicant of the new deadline set; – Ensure that all purchases made will necessarily be entered at the deposit accompanied by all the documentation required by the IRC procedure; – Constitute and follow, in collaboration with the warehouses, a delivery schedule for the purchased equipment; – Create payment requests and ensure that the purchase file is complete before submitting them to finance; – Monitor and update the procurement plan of all active budgets; – Perform any other task requested by his supervisor.
Transport and logistics :
– Ensure that the vehicles used for the service are in good working order (supervise repair actions and the choice of rental vehicles) – Ensure vehicle parts are available, complete and up-to-date – Ensure the maintenance of equipment and other elements of IRC’s heritage.
– Promote a team spirit within the supply chain and contribute to having an atmosphere of cooperation, complementarity, mutual – support for all departments and sectors of IRC Cameroon. – To carry out all duties responsibly and act professionally at all times.
Monitoring and reporting
– Monthly activity report : Every end of the month – PRTS report followed by analysis : Weekly to share every friday – Market price research report : every six months
– Undertakes to respect the IRC Way (IRC Ethics). – Undertakes to ensure the optimal implementation of these Policies in its work environment.
– Is available to carry out any other ad hoc task deemed useful by his direct superior or by the IRC. – Ensure that all activities will be implemented in accordance with IRC operational policies. – Other additional tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Profile sought: Qualifications and skills
– University degree in the field of competence (management, supply management, economics, etc.) or any other equivalent qualification or experience. – At least 3 years of supervisory experience in procurement and logistics management, accounting or similar management. – Strong procurement management skills, including budget development, planning and monitoring. – Have knowledge of computers and common software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. … – Ability to manage, lead, motivate and train staff – Have excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in an organized and independent manner. – Have a very high degree of probity and integrity. – Good organizational skills in communication and interprofessional relations – Good writing ability. – Pay close attention to detail and be critical of compliance and accuracy. – Good knowledge of the South West Region. – Experience working with an international and humanitarian NGO will be an advantage
Composition of the application file:
– Cover letter addressed to the Country Director of IRC Cameroon (1page); – Resume (2 pages Max) – Photocopy(s) of the required diploma(s); – Photocopy of the national identity card; – Photocopies of documents justifying the candidate’s experience (internship and employment certificates, work certificate)
Place of Submission of Applications
The complete files should be deposited online or can also be deposited in an anonymous envelope bearing the mention: ” Supply Chain Officer, Bamenda Office” in the offices of IRC in Maroua district Pitoire; Yaoundé behind Usine Bastos, Kousseri Residential Area, Buea Camp sic, Bamenda Governor’s Street
NB: Deadline for admissibility of files: July 1st, 2022, at 5 p.m. prompt.
Applications from Female candidates and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted