This is a G-4 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 4 years of experience, depending on education. More about G-4 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a champion.
UNICEF has been working in Cameroon since 1975 to allow women and children to fully realize their rights to development without restriction, as enshrined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. UNICEF provides financial and technical support to Cameroon across seven areas to fully realize the rights of women and children. These areas include Health, HIV/AIDS, Water-sanitation-Hygiene, nutrition, education, child protection, and social inclusion. UNICEF focuses mainly on children and the most vulnerable and excluded families. Cameroon’s 2020 population is estimated at 26,545,863 people according to UN data. The population is young and generates strong socioeconomic demand. In rural areas, limited access to basic social services and the effects of climate changes lead to household impoverishment and severe child deprivations. The task is immense but not insurmountable; it requires the energy of all stakeholders in Cameroon and out of Cameroon: also, women, men, youth and children, government, technical and financial partners, donors, civil society, the private sector, parliamentarians, communities. Everyone is invited to take part in the struggle to meet the challenges that lie ahead. Together, we will act for Cameroon, a country that summarizes the challenges and hopes of Africa.
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer, NO-2, the Warehouse Inventory Assistant, GS-4 is responsible for maintaining an accurate and updated warehouse/stores inventory system for all programme supplies and equipment in all UNICEF-operated warehouses/stores, in line with UNICEF policies and procedures
Major duties and responsibilities:
Ensure receipt and issuing of both programme and operations supplies Ensure adequate recording of supplies in VISION (Receipt and Issues) Support in the dispatch of programme supplies to implementing partners Ensuring adequate emergency supplies are kept responding to emergency Facilitates mid and end year stock taking, cycle count and reconciliation Reporting and data management
Ensure receipt and issuing of both programme and operations supplies.
- All Supplies received into the Warehouse tallies with quantity and Specifications in the LPO and delivery waybills from other Warehouses or suppliers.
- Match the delivery documents with the Physical Materials on ground. Check for damages.
- Records all receipts and issues into VISION immediately
- Ensure adequate issue documents are dully signed and available before issuing any programme supplies.
Ensure adequate and timely recording of supplies in VISION in every transaction
- Received Supplies are segregated into Programme Supplies, temperature-controlled supplies, and emergency Supplies Storage areas/ BINS. Timely record all Supplies both in VISION software and on stock cards.
- Ensure that right quantity of items, description, unit of measurement and correct material codes are entered into VISION
- In case of drugs, ensure that correct expiry dates and batch numbers are recorded, and supplies are properly handled in accordance with Temperature controlled requirements.
Support in the dispatch of programme supplies to implementing partners
- In liaison with supply, supports dispatch of programme supplies to IPs by facilitating issuance of supplies and loading in accordance to the distribution plan and release order
- Ensure the documentation is complete i.e authorization, distribution plan and release order
- Ensuring the creation of Waybills by the Logistics associate immediately upon loading.
Ensuring adequate emergency supplies are kept responding to emergency
- Sharing weekly stock report to programme colleagues to ensure distribution plan are effective and all alerts are kept to the minimum level of risks
Facilitates mid and end year stock taking
- Ensure stock records are up-to-date e.g the stock cards and VISION records.
- Ensure supplies are readily arranged well to facilitate counting
- Supports the counters in identifying supplies to be counted
- Provide clarification where required
Reporting and data management
- Real time processing of transactions in VISION
- Stock card up dating
- Record keeping: Systematic filling of transactions supporting documents (Goods Received; Waybill; Signed returned waybills; …)
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary school education is required, with courses/certifications in Business Studies, Accounting, Stores Management, or related field. Computer literacy in Windows, Word, excel and Power Point
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible work experience in a similar capacity/area.
- Fluency in French and good working knowledge of English. Good knowledge of local language
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable female candidate are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.