Catholic Relief Services a Development Organization is seeking qualified, experienced, and highly motivated Human Resources Manager who will partner with the Country Program (CP) Senior Management Team to provide overall strategic Human Resources (HR) direction for the CP in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will analyze and anticipate HR programs, services, and operations needs and challenges in the areas of recruitment, staff development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, onboarding/orientation, policies, staff care, and employee administration and introduce improvement solutions.
Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the country program (CP) delivers high-quality Management and continuously works towards improving the impact of the project for those whom we serve.
The position is based in Yaoundé/Cameroon
- Manage HR processes and activities to ensure they meet latest agency, donor, and local legal requirements and standards and reflect best practices.
- Provide professional HR advice and coaching to managers, staff, and partners on daily HR issues, especially regarding recruitment, performance management, and employee relations.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Lead training and professional development needs assessment and analysis and ensure the provision of focused and precise development programs for CRS staff and partners.
- Ensure staff retention strategies reflect competitive and equitable compensation and benefits and a work environment that fosters staff engagement, empowerment through proper supervision, and personal and professional growth.
- Monitor the culture to ensure staff actions reflect CRS guiding principles, where dignity, diversity, community, and rights and responsibilities of all staff are valued. May serve as the CP focal point for Code of Conduct & Ethics and contribute to ensuring adherence and accountability to Safeguarding policies.
- Act as the CP’s key point of contact, internally and externally, on all HR-related matters. Represent the organization in forums related to HR management issues to stay abreast of standards, local laws, and industry best practices and to maintain peer contacts.
- Oversee record keeping through personnel files and/or Insight that adheres to required CRS, donor, and local law regulations. As needed provide analytical reports on HR-related data, metrics, and trends to support decision-making, workforce planning and development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration required. Master’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration or Organizational Development preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in HR, preferably with an International or local NGO, with at least three of these years managing an HR function and strong knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience with and demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices. Thorough knowledge of the local labor law.
- Staff management experience.
- Strong experience in presenting, facilitating, and coaching on HR topics.
- · Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, HRIS.
- High level written and oral proficiency in French and English required.
- Additional local languages is a plus.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how they approach each relationship.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Very good planning, monitoring, and organizational skills
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching skills.
- Observation, active listening, and analysis skills
Required Travel: Must be willing and able to travel up to 30% (mostly within Cameroon)
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply
Application files including Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded to:
The Resident Representative
PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon or by email to: [email protected] specifying “**Human Resources Manager “**in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: July 19th, 2022, at 4:30 pm
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
This position is a local position and only open for National Cameroonians in country.
Females’ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that this organization requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the agency Safeguarding Policy