Catholic Relief Services a Development Organization is seeking qualified, experienced, and highly motivated Finance Assistant who will work closely with the Grant Accountant to efficiently provide comprehensive information, finance, and accounting services to assist the Finance Unit / Operations Department in carrying out activities related to close-out and transition of KIDSS project to CENC. You will also be required to support Finance and operations processes in the KIDSS officers in Zone 1 and 2 to coordinate various Finance and operations related activities towards delivering service needs that support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will deliver quality support in your role, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures, and service standards. Your service and community interpersonal skills contribute to projects that benefit local communities, consistently apply best practices, and continuously work towards improving their impact. This role is a three-month temporary hire to support close-out of the KIDSS project as the local partner, the National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (NECC), will take over the project in January 2023.
The position is based in Yaoundé/Cameroon
- Complete standard financial documents (vouchers, wire transfer requests, checks, etc.) following a sample template with prescribed guidelines and circulate as needed.
- Prepare cash advances for KIDSS partners, monitor liquidation timelines, compliance to CRS standards.
- Review, under the direction of the Finance Officer and team, financial reports (advances and liquidations) from partners.
- Provide technical support to financial transactions processing. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan related documentation. File accounting and financial reporting documentation as instructed.
- Compile supporting documentation (liquidation/receipt package) to support processing of financial transactions. Communicate with staff, subrecipients, partners, suppliers to follow up on required documents.
- Perform data entry for financial transactions recording, following validation by the next-level Finance staff.
- Keep custody of various documents (e.g. blank/undelivered checks etc.).
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma required. Professional diploma/Certificate or courses in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar role with some familiarity of standard accounting practices.
- Experience with an international organization a plus.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
- Fluency in French, Professional Proficiency in English required.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results oriented. Able to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service ethic and abilities. Ability to work collaboratively
Required Travel: Must be willing and able to travel up to 20% within project zones to support implementing partners or other CRS offices.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply
Application files including Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded to:
The Resident Representative PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon or by email to: [email protected] specifying “FINANCE Assistant“ in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: September 23th, 2022 at 4:30 pm
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
This position is a local position and only open for National Cameroonians in country.
Females’ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that this organization requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the agency Safeguarding Policy