We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Evaluation Specialist Department/Location: Social, Environment, and Agricultural Development (SEAD) Practice/ Remote
Reports to: Team Leader / Project Director Type: Consultancy
Classification: This is a technical, exempt-level position contingent on reward
IBTCI is preparing a proposal to provide external performance evaluation services to USAID’s Power Africa Program Office for four USAID-funded projects to improve program performance management and efficiency. The duration of the evaluation services is anticipated to be five months. These evaluations will help Power Africa meet USAID requirements, make improved informed strategic and management decisions around program implementation, and advance learning. The projects to be evaluated are:
- USAID East Africa Energy Program (EAEP)
- USAID Nigeria Power Sector Program (NPSP)
- USAID Power Africa Off-Grid Project (PAOP)
- USAID West Africa Energy Program (WAEP)
The Evaluation Specialists will support the evaluation design development, tool and methods selection, remote data collection activities, and written reports.
- Support in the evaluation design, tools and methods development, and analysis of evaluation data.
- Participate in remote data collection activities.
- Contribute to the evaluation report, findings, and analysis.
The consultant’s services will be intermittent within the five-month duration of the project, approximately 40% of full-time employment over the period of performance.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant subject area.
- At least eight years of experience conducting or supporting evaluations and/or assessments of programming.
- Experience supporting or leading evaluations of projects funded by USAID.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Research experience is required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience evaluating energy sector programs and projects preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID as a donor, their operational structure and evaluation strategy.
- Proficiency in French is preferred for the WAEP Evaluation Specialist
- Geographic experience specific to each of the four Projects, in countries/regions including the following:
- EAEP – Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania and Uganda.
- NPSP – Nigeria
- PAOP – East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa
- WAEP – Ghana, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, the Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
- Local nationals with international experience are encouraged to apply.
Education: Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant subject area is required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: n/a
Travel: Remote – no travel is required.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).