The African Initiatives for Relief and Development (AIRD) is a non-political, non-religious and non-profit making NGO with Country Program Offices in Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Liberia, Niger, Tanzania, and Uganda. AIRD registration in South Sudan was recently finalized. AIRD’s objective is to offer operational technical support, including but not limited to: supply chain, logistics and infrastructure in partnership with relief and development organizations that focus on disaster-affected, poverty-infested and development oriented areas. AIRD delivers for and through partners including but not limited to UN Agencies, international and national donor organizations and governments.
AIRD now seeks to recruit a qualified and motivated ERP Database Manager to be based at the Head Office in Kampala, Uganda.
The ERP/Database/ICT Manager will provide strategic leadership and oversight to all AIRD service functions, including assisting and facilitating the installation, configuration, staff training and operations support. A key aspect of this role is ensuring all technology implementations conforms to the global IT policies and procedures. Another key aspect of this role will be overseeing the development and manage implementation of ICT throughout the organization to ensure effective flow of information and performance evaluation.
ERP Development and maintenance
- The ERP Manager will be an expert in transition and alteration from any existing management system to an innovative and new solution. The manager will analyze and understand business requirements. S/he will assess potential long-term ERP solutions for business management and coordinate with the contractor in the design and testing of yet-to-be developed modules
- Advise system developer on improvements/changes required and support with on-going maintenance and testing
- Brief operations managers and data encoders on data and system corrections
- Manage and track the status of all system changes, tests and upgrades
- Understand and test the proposed all new and ongoing updates and fixes from the system developer
- Coordinate across system users the creation of new reports, dashboards, analytical tools etc.
- Design with system developer tools to track and manage users change requests and approvals
- S/he will keep the ERP project on track by, whenever possible, following the beaten path in terms of methodology, understanding and guiding all users, mitigating project risks, and addressing the psychological characteristics of change
- Coordinating and continuously managing access rights grants for new, existing and outgoing staff.
- Ensure the relevant people have the correct access rights, even as they move positions or leave the organization
- Ensure documentation such as training manuals are available and easily understood in both French and English
- Extract activities reports for the Logistic Coordinator and flag any relevant issue which needs a follow up with country program or Senior Management Team.
ERP Technical backstopping
- Advise relevant managers on system upgrades or functionality to ensure information is widely shared throughout the organization
- Develop training for new staff, refresher for current staff, and roll out capacity building activities in the whole organization
- Work with HR teams to ensure new hires are given correct access rights as part of their induction and receive training manuals even as they learn on the job
Information and Computer Technology
Technical maintenance and backstopping
- Install, configure, test, and maintain server and related networking equipment
- Monitor scheduled jobs and computer output for completeness, accuracy, and errors.
- Perform all critical data backups and secure data according to established procedures.
- Install, configure, and maintain IPS/IDS, Firewall, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Antimalware, etc. for maximum internal network protection.
- Maintain Unified Communications, VoIP, and any related equipment, services, and platforms.
- Maintain all data used for redundancy efforts and assists with remediation efforts as result of test findings and risk assessments.
- Log all computer, terminal, and printer hardware/software problems. Call appropriate maintenance organizations and arranges for repair. Notify supervisor of unusual problems.
- Assist with software upgrades and installations.
- Create scripts for automation of common tasks.
- Perform such other duties as may be required from time to time for the overall management and operation of HQ office.
- Coordinate all QuickBooks Hosting activities with ACE Cloud Hosting, ensuring that there are no instances of system breakdowns realized. In case of any unavoidable breakdowns, timely notification to HQ and Country Programs is required with a quick follow up.
- Provide QuickBooks support to HQ and Country Programs to ensure that all accounts are running in the Cloud Server.
- Setting up accounts for new users on the company domain.
- Administer and manage google mail and carry out all functions of applications in the google suite.
- Develop and direct information and communications technology (ICT) strategy within an organization and make decisions in consultations with the SMT about the ICT systems utilized.
- Advice and recommend new digital tools for the organisation
- Support development of new IT systems: intranet, system, tools, etc.
- Develop guidelines and training modules on all new system to be rolled out
- Provide professional advice on purchase of IT equipment’s, software, new developments in terms of upgrades of software in the market.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree and above in Computer Engineering and/or equivalent in relevant field
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT Service Management
- Strong troubleshooting skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical troubleshooting results to IT peers for seamless issue resolution
- Experience in Virtualization Technologies using VMware
- Background in networking technologies using Cisco and/or Cyberoam
- Proficiency with client-server environment using Microsoft Server 2022 implementing Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and group policy objects
- Familiarity in server and endpoint updating and patching methodologies
- Strong technical writing/documentation skills
- Experience in providing support in an environment that implements ERP is an advantage
- Excellent management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to promote harmonious/cohesive teamwork, in a cross cultural context.
- Excellent presentation, verbal communication and report-writing skills with the ability to convey information effectively in English and French
- Customer & client centered and service oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Proven ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under administrative and programmatic pressures with detail orientation and professional patience.
- Strong diplomacy and collaboration skills in establishing positive working relationships with senior level management and all other stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Language Skills: Excellent English, French and communication skills including speaking, listening and writing
- Computer Skill: High proficiency in supporting industry standard IT infrastructure and applications
- Certificates or Licenses: A+, ITIL, PMP, MCSE or similar certifications preferred
How to apply
Applications clearly indicating ‘ERP Database Manager’ in the subject line may be sent to [email protected] latest 21st October 2022