Over the past 40 years, MCD Global Health (MCD) has worked to strengthen health systems through integrated, sustainable and locally driven interventions across several public health sectors. MCD collaborates with donors, national governments, the private sector, health agencies, communities and local stakeholders to improve health and save lives in the following areas: water, sanitation, and hygiene; malaria control; maternal, neonatal and child health; tuberculosis; HIV/AIDS; Zika; and other communicable diseases.
MCD is currently seeking candidates to serve as the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) for the anticipated, five-year USAID-funded Cameroon President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) Bilateral Project. The Project seeks to improve access to timely, quality, and well-documented malaria testing and treatment by providing community health workers with training and supervision to provide quality, effective care.
The Director of M&E would lead project monitoring, evaluation and operational research efforts. This position shall develop monitoring, evaluation and reporting plans, systems and tools that include Project indicators, baseline data, targets and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate and complete reporting. Moreover, this position will help continually improve Project implementation based on M&E findings. This position would also play a key role in supporting Project knowledge management and carrying out a Learning Plan to accomplish documentation and dissemination of Project lessons learned and best practices.
This is a key position on the project team and is contingent on successful award to MCD.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) to provide technical support in building capacities of the Ministry of Health and other key government stakeholders and project partners to monitor and evaluate Project results;
• Develop and oversee the implementation of the Project Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) that includes plans for collecting baseline data and establishing targets and outputs that contribute to improving outcome level indicators to be annually measured by USAID/Cameroon;
• Assume primary responsibility for all Project activity monitoring, evaluation and learning, and lead the development of platforms to share lessons learned with the GOM and its partners, the donors and key malaria stakeholders in Cameroon and the region;
• Oversee and lead the development of Project M&E systems, procedures and tools;
• Lead all Project baseline, mid-term and end-line surveys in support of Project data collection and analysis to inform Project interventions and national policy formulation;
• Ensure the availability and use of high quality data for decision making;
• Support the COP in developing M&E sections of the quarterly and annual reports, and contribute substantially to the annual planning process as it relates to M&E and learning goals, targets and activities;
• Train and mentor Project staff on relevant M&E aspects of Project implementation;
• Contribute to the development and implementation of a strategy for synthesizing and disseminating key results, lessons learned, and other research and survey outputs of the Project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
• A Masters-level degree in demographics, public health, social sciences, or a related field is desirable.
• A minimum of 7 years’ direct work experience in Cameroon or in the West Africa region as a senior expert in monitoring and evaluation in the health/malaria sector;
• Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, Health Management Information Systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis, and/or presentation;
• Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills, with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts in both the public and NGO sector;
• Established track record in monitoring and evaluation of malaria and/or health programs, with extensive experience designing, developing and implementing health data information systems, preferably in Cameroon;
• Familiarity with USAID’s management and reporting requirements and systems, indicators, and M&E and Learning (MEL) framework;
• Strong proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and data management and statistical software e.g. Stata, SPSS, Epi-info, MS Access;
• Experience in mentoring counterparts in monitoring and evaluation, database management, data analysis using the software identified above;
• Strong verbal and written French and English communications skills;
• Prior experience working in Cameroon is strongly preferred. Preference would be given to Cameroonian nationals.
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon Schedule: Full-time Grade 11
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2022. Compensation will be based on USAID FSN scales.