Data Governance and Architect Analyst – Health Facilities Register
Location: WARO Senegal, Kenya, Cameroon, Uganda, Bangladesh Contract: 6-month Fixed Term Contract Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Purpose of role
The Business Integration Programme team is looking for a new team member to join them for a 6 month period to support their implementation of a new programme. The ideal candidate will have previous experience within an NGO within international development and will gain the opportunity to hone their data management and analytical skills still further.
The Data Governance and Architecture Analyst will support the Senior Data Architecture & Governance Technical Advisor on implementing the data aspects of the programme in line with the BIP Data Roadmap. They will contribute to the successful implementation of key activities prioritised on the programme Data Roadmap in the areas of data governance, data architecture, and related data documentation.
Specifically, they will contribute to the development of the Health Facilities Register, an essential aspect to further develop GIS analysis within Sightsavers.
About the role of Data Governance and Architect Analyst – Health Facilities Register
- Scale up of GIS pilots to all Country Offices where Sightsavers run programmes, working with country offices to create a Register of Health Facilities (at secondary and primary level) following and improving the steps designed in the pilot phase.
- Cover full stage 1 and 2 of the process described in the Annexfor each country, and stage 3 on presenting the results using ArcGis.
- Develop proper documentation for the activities of the GIS Working Group, including the development of the roll out plan for each country, in collaboration with the GIS Working Group and all relevant stakeholders
- Define an operating Model for the BAU phase aimed at keeping Sightsavers Health Facility Register creating a GIS focal point for each country, working with the HIS working group to re-use ideas raised during the pilot.
- Write the related guideline and documentation.
- Contribute to defining the data model underlying the health facilities register, completing the activity implemented to date. The data model should consider all aspects related to spacial analysis (points/surface/polygons)
- Present the result of GIS mapping using ArcGIG
- Maintain a register of potential sources by country.
- Help on maintain and further develop the existing collaboration with WHO
- Evaluate the potentiality to extend the register to other thematic areas such as Inclusive Education and Social Inclusion
- Develop the solution in accordance with the existing spacial analysis expertise already presents in Sightsavers
Data Governance and Architecture support
- Assist the ongoing review of data related business processes r on the production of related documentations, guidelines, power point and diagrams/schema, business Glossary
- Support business owners on the completion of the Data Dictionary and Data Catalogue
- Create documentation related to the Data Governance Framework
- Track and document the data domain business processes.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Tertiary degree or equivalent qualification in a quantitative discipline
- Proven understanding of the international development/not for profit sector
- Working experience using analysis software such as ArcGIS
- Track record of implementing projects across multiple countries working at an international level
- Knowledgeable around the complexities of working across multiple countries and continents in an international development organisation.
- Fluent English and French
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Post graduate or equivalent qualification in quantitative disciplines
This opportunity is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Interviews are likely to take place mid August 2022. This interview process will be one virtual interview.
How to apply
As an equal opportunity Employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader therefore qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply
To apply, and for further details about the role, please click on the Apply Here and complete your application in English.