Terms of Reference
CVA in Emergency Training of Trainers Facilitators Guide and Webinar content development
Duration of the consultation : 34 days spread over 8 week period
Tentative Specific dates : 10/09/2022 – 31/10/2022
Place(s) of work : Remote
Collaboration: ACF global Cash Advisor and Global Preparedness Coordinators
The ACF’s Emergency Readiness and Response Unit (ERRU) strategy is to strengthen the capacity of ACF teams to respond effectively and rapidly to humanitarian needs. The ERRU provides preparedness support to country offices and is increasingly receiving requests for various types of emergency training.
The use of Cash and Voucher Assistance in Emergencies (CVAiE) is rapidly gaining momentum in ACF. Its effectiveness is recognised as a suitable response modality in various countries where ACF works. Thus, over half of ACF – France country offices expressed the need and willingness to use CVA modality in the event of a humanitarian crisis.
Thus, during the last quarter of 2021, ACF developed a CVAiE guideline (handbook and toolbox) that incorporates the preparedness phase into the CVA project cycle. In 2022, the strategy would be to present, disseminate, train and provide technical support to ACF country offices and headquarters team.
2. OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY
Through this project, the Emergency Readiness and Response Unit (ERRU) aims to recruit a CVA -consultant for a period of 34 days spread out over 8 weeks to design, develop a webinar content based on the CVAiE handbook as well a develop a Training of Trainers (ToT) facilitators guide.
Objective 1: Creation of webinar content in English and French based on CVAiE guidelines
- Design and Development of webinar content (1h30 presentation)
- Develop a ToT facilitation guide on CVAiE
- EXPECTED DELIVERABLES
- Webinar contents including facilitator guides are developed in English and French and ready to be implemented.
- A Training of Trainers facilitation guide based on CVAiE handbook in English
- ACF DOCUMENTS
Documents made available and to be analysed
- ACF CVAiE guidelines including annexes
Indicative (tentative) agenda
Week 1 : ToR review and development of work plan.
Week 2 : Reading of materials and documents provided and discussion of training/ content
Week 3, 4 and 5 : Development of Webinar content and presented to the ERRU team
Week 6 and 7 : ToT Training materials developed and translated in English and French
Week 8 : Presentation on the Webinar content and ToT facilitation guide to ACF ERRU team and global Cash advisor
3. PROVIDED BY THE CONSULTANT
- The consultant will be independent on their own use of information technology tools.
- Extensive experience designing of training content including webinars for the humanitarian and development sector. Having a CVAiE experience will be a plus.
 Burkina Faso, Cameroon, CAR, France, Ivory Coast, Myanmar, Pakistan, DRC, Chad, Nepal ( through partners ), Nigeria, Iraq, Yemen, Liberia and Sierra Leone
How to apply
All applications should be sent to Celine Sinitzky at email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 31st August 2022