The Compliance Officer will provide support to effectively conduct the tasks and requirements of International Medical Corps field-based compliance department in the country operation.
Filed Compliance is independent of all country program management and the Compliance Officer is expected to maintain a professional and ethical demeanor beyond reproach and to always protect confidentiality.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSABILIIES
- Promote and encourage a culture of compliance throughout the organization.
- Encourage transparency, communication, and teamwork related to the Ethics and Compliance Charter and its Department objectives.
- Prepare country work plan, which determine scope, sample size, timing and frequency of compliance reviews in the country.
- Conduct compliance reviews in accordance with the agreed country work plan.
- Assist management to effectively identify, document and mitigate compliance risks associated with program and operations activities.
- Prepare and timely submit compliance reports with observations and recommendations for technical review to Regional Compliance Coordinator and/or Head of Field Compliance.
- Timely issue monthly and quarterly reports to country management.
- Regularly verify progress made towards compliance recommendations and agreed actions plans.
- Provide advisory services to country management on improvements and engage with other departments to support improvements in internal controls.
- Proactively communicate results of compliance reviews and identified gaps with country management and support corrective measures in real-time to avoid non-compliance.
- Suggest changes to the policies and procedures and improvements to the systems.
- Assist management with remedying any gaps in internal control.
- Assist Compliance Investigations Unit and country management with investigations upon their request and subject to approval of the Regional Compliance Coordinator and/or Head of Field Compliance.
- Conduct any other tasks assigned by supervisors
Code of Conduct As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps’ policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
Actively promote the PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and among beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance and Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics within International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of and adheres to International Medical Corps and donor compliance and ethics standards. Performs work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and partners and asks them to adhere to them.
Safeguarding It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
Equal Opportunities International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Typically, a 4-year Bachelor´s Degree (in a three-cycle Higher Education) in Business Administration, Accounting, Risk Management or similar. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate;
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline preferred;
- Certification in auditing, grants management, risk and/or compliance management preferred;
- Typically, 3+ years of relevant experience working in related field, with at least 1 year in humanitarian relief or equivalent experience;
- Experience in risk management, compliance and/or audit preferred;
- Knowledge and working experience with USAID, EU, FCDO and other donors preferred;
- Knowledge of different types of instruments (grants, contracts, sub-awards etc.) preferred;
- Knowledge and experience with various business processes (such as Human Resources, Program Management, Financial Management, Supply Chain Management, Information Technology etc.);
- Strong communication including presentation skills, time management skills, problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English with a proven ability to express himself/herself well verbally and in writing; Knowledge of French or Arabic is preferred;
How to apply
Application files including : Cover letter and CV , 3 References and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be deposited at International Medical Corps Cameroon following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com*. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.