Job Title: Cameroon Operations Manager (OM). Reporting to: Cameroon Country Director.
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon Status: 3-month contract (with possibility of extension) Salary: USD $1,900 per month + USD $670 relocation (where applicable)
Application deadline: 13th November 2022
The Role The Operations Manager (OM) leads and guides all the organisation’s operations in Cameroon, ensuring the delivery of services that provide optimum benefit to our service users, in a safe and compliant manner. The successful candidate will have oversight of all our operating hubs in Cameroon, and be responsible for ensuring all are aligned to the priorities of the organisation. As OM, you will be a central member of the country directorate team with responsibility for the strategic leadership, development and design of operational delivery across the organisation. You will work alongside the Country Director (CD) to formulate, develop and deliver the business strategy, and have the responsibility of delivering results across all different operational hubs, ensuring there is cohesion and an absolute focus on quality and financial performance. You will build and maintain an in-depth understanding of the industries in which the organisation operates and will directly contribute towards the formulation and execution of commercial strategy for ensuring growth and sustainability. You will manage business performance against the organisation’s plans, and provide regular updates to key stakeholders such as the CD, the Senior Management Team at Islamic Help’s UK HQ, and the Board of Trustees as well as the wider organisation. A summary of the roles and responsibilities of the OM role are listed below, but it is expected that a role of this seniority and complexity will involve evolving and changing the nature of some responsibilities to meet organisational demand.
- Oversee the ongoing internal operations of the organisation’s funds, ensuring the diverse global team has the physical and technical resources and systems in place to function effectively and equitably
- Ensure operational compliance; identify key areas of actual and potential operational risk and craft proactive solutions, collaborating as necessary with colleagues from across the organisation as well as legal counsel and external financial experts.
- Lead in the collaborative development and execution of operational policies and procedures.
- Oversee all annual audits and compliance measures.
Strategic leadership and management
- Work with the CD and Executive Leadership Team to provide leadership in developing and delivering the strategic direction and management of the organisation.
- Work closely with other members of the Executive Leadership Team to ensure effective co-operation and collaboration across departments and individuals in support of the organisation’s operative objectives.
- Actively build and maintain systems that allow for the growth and development of all direct reports.
- Welcome and inducts new team members into the organisation and facilitate collaboration across and within your team.
- Share key messages and relevant information with direct reports; seek out, address and/or escalate feedback as appropriate.
- Ensure all team members understand and comply with the organisation’s policies, procedures and resources.
- Uphold the values of the organisation.
- Manage the overall risk register for the country.
- Build risk mitigation plans to ensure effective management and implementation of IH Cameroon projects.
- Mitigate risk and concerns raised on operations.
- Ensure the IH Cameroon office builds safeguarding and complaint management processes and policies.
- Support and lead with complaint and safeguarding investigations when required.
- Experience of managing large-scale operations, preferably gained within an environment that reflects the dynamism and flexibility associated with contract-based service delivery.
- A proven track record of designing and delivering data-led innovation and transformation, achieving efficiencies and maximising the potential of our operations.
- Strategic and commercial experience, with an ability to contribute beyond the operation’s function, and play a key role in shaping the strategic direction of Organisation.
- Experience in a senior leadership role, with a demonstrable track record of role modelling a positive leadership culture which reflects our values.
- Educated to university level, or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills, being able to coordinate with different stakeholders in an efficient and effective manner.
- Strong commitment to organisation’s mission, purpose and values, including gender equality, anti-racism, anti-discrimination, decolonisation and social justice.
- Strong commitment to professional development and continued learning.
- Ability and willingness to travel, if requested.
- Language proficiency in English and Arabic with French preferred.
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional business writing skills, including ability to write clear and concise reports and talking points.
- Flexibility and adaptability in an environment of rapid growth and change.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft 365 and other computer programmes.
- Ability to proactively manage and execute multiple concurrent tasks with minimal supervision.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements for the post, to:
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: Islamic Help, 19-21 Ombersley Road, Birmingham, B12 8UR
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, faith or disability.
Note: Strong applicants may be contacted and the post/s may be filled ahead of the deadline of 11th November 2022.