iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP will conduct capacity building for regional Ministries of Health in 5 Regions (Littoral, Adamaoua, West, North West and South West). The focus will be on developing the capacity of public sector staff at the District, Hospital, and Regional levels, to improve analysis, interpretation, and make evidence-based decision-making using digital health data. The training will focus on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and COVID-19 vaccination data, with a focus on Microsoft PowerBi, Microsoft Excel, and DHIS2 platforms.
This is a national position, based in Yaoundé, Cameroon, with frequent travel to regional capitals. Proficient command of both English and French is essential
This posistion is dependent upon funding
Description of Duties
The 2 Capacity-Building Officers will support and contribute to the initiation, planning, design, development and implementation of capacity-building activities in Yaoundé and the 5 Regions in Cameroon.
Guided by, and under the supervision of the Program Manager, the two capacity-building officers will provide support to capacity-building activities such as
- Organization of training workshops including venue booking, travel arrangements of participants, refreshments and other event management tasks
- Helping develop, review, translate, contextualize training content including presentations, exercises and videos
- Support and help facilitate the trainings, and lead specific sessions
- Provide tailored support to participants during breakout exercises
- Planning and scheduling of capacity-building activities in consultation with key stakeholders
- Development of training and session plans, goals and objectives for humanitarian capacity-building programmes based on identified gaps and capacity-building priorities;
- Co-design and develop capacity-building curricula, syllabi, and learning materials;
- Organize and deliver/co-facilitate core and advanced training and capacity-building activities consistent with the needs of the humanitarian partners;
- Develop or identify training content and/or supporting reference resources such as presentations, practical exercises, and handouts to facilitate learning;
- Conduct pre-training, in-training and post-training evaluations for feedback, address challenges and impediments to effective learning, document and share lessons learnt;
- Liaise with other iMMAP capacity-building programmes and ensure consistency and standardization of activities and material where possible;
- Any other duties as required.
- An advanced university degree or equivalent experience in the Health
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience and a background in non-profit, development or humanitarian internationally-focused organizations;
- Experience working with National or Regional Governments is desirable;
- At least 3 Years of experience in working on Health Data using Health Management Information Systems is essential;
- Experience in Sexual, Reproductive, and Maternal Health Data is highly desirable;
- Experience with vaccination data is desirable
- Experience with DHIS2 is essential, and experience with PowerBi and similar platforms is highly desirable ;
- Experience in designing training content focused on the needs of adult learners;
- Experience in delivering trainings, workshops, and coaching;
- Soft skills
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals; is willing to learn from others;
- Planning & Organising: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them with appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client;
- Technological awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology;
- Representation: Where appropriate, represent the iMMAP in various fora. Maintain effective and positive contacts with the national and local government officials, international non-governmental organisations (NGOs), and donor agency officials, when required.
- Ability to understand and adapt to complex and dynamic situations;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Takes initiatives, manages own use of time and is self-motivating;
- Proven ability to work in teams;
- Flexible and creative.
• Fluent / professionally proficiency in both English and French is essential
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/592