Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
The main objective of this role is to support the project team in implementing the project, give insights and technical guidance for the drafting of a proposal and ensure budget and activities are properly monitored for the last months of the ongoing project.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
– Supporting the project team in implementing the ongoing project for the remaining period (up to March 30th) and in starting the upcoming project;
– Supporting and training the newly recruited PM in project management and budget follow-up;
– Conducting a performance analysis and suggest solutions and recommendations;
– In-site coaching of H&N teams towards a stronger ownership of the project and an improved implementation;
– Supporting in the assessment of health facilities;
You hold a degree in nutrition & health, public health, nursing, or general medicine, with two years or more of professional experience in a similar programme management role, with at least a year of experience in an emergency context.
Furthermore, you have a confirmed experience in managing, capacity building and the transfer of knowledge to your teams.
You have an excellent knowledge of the english language and strong analytical, synthesis, and writing skills.
A former ACF experience, an understanding of the Cameroun context, a good knowledge of the community health & nutrition approaches, and some understanding of the french language will be considered as an asset for this position.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 2 months fixed term contract under French legislation
– Monthly gross salary from 2010 to 2335EUR upon experience
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 549EUR net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 450EUR
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here