Youth voices are pivotal to ensure Food and Nutrition Security in Africa and this year 2022 is a remarkable year for Nutrition where the African Union will commemorate it through the annual landmark event “Africa Day for Food and Nutrition Security (ADFNS)” to be held from 31st October to 1 November 2022 in Mauritius.
To this effect, it is important to raise youth voices and value their work in this sector. The Youth Consortium, a coalition of individuals and organizations, is hosting a side event on the topic, “Role of Youth as Human Capital Agents towards a Transformative & Resilient Agro-Food Systems in Africa ” during the “Africa Day for Food and Nutrition Security (ADFNS)” to be scheduled on 31st October 2022 in Mauritius. It would be great to choose and announce a youth champion during this side event in Food and Nutrition security in Africa.
- Recognition as 2022 Youth Champion in Nutrition,
- Cash prize of 1,000 USD and/or Fully funded trip to the main event, Africa Day for Food and Nutrition Security 2022,
- Promote his/her project during the event.
If you’re an early career professional or work along the value chains of Agro-Food Systems, under 35, with a record of engagement or expertise in Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Security, they highly encourage you to apply.
- Under the age of 35 years old,
- He or She has to be from one of the African Member States,
- Minimum two years of work experience in Agriculture, agro-food systems or related field,
- Carrying an innovative project in Agriculture, agro-food systems or related area to ADFNS that was implemented more than one year,
- Good communication skills in one of African Union official languages,
- Ability and availability to travel to Mauritius during the ADFNS event or to connect online,
- Indigenous people, women and people with disabilities are highly encouraged.
For more information, visit http://theyouthconsortium.org/youthchampion/